Notices

26 year old male - I really need some help

Old 07-18-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
Get the booze out of the house. 9 pm is your trigger? Give your wife your keys, wallet, checkbooks and as her to put them in her purse and then she should hide the purse. That way you wont be able to get any. It helped me in the beginning. I was a late night drinker too. My husband still puts his wallet and keys under his side of the mattress. Good luck and post often!
I just now poured out the 1.5l of whiskey that I had to ensure that I would not be drinking. Smelling it while it was going down the drain was brutal but now that it's all poured out, it feels empowering as heck.

Side note: I don't drink at bars; only did when I was 21. Can't stand them (usually just a place to get into a fight in my opinion). And all of our liquor stores close at 9. So no drinking tonight for sure. I'm having some coke now to try to subside the cravings.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

For me, I woke up with a nasty hangover and a head full of shame. I came here and started meetings. I don't know that meetings are for everyone but I do believe everyone should have a plan. Look on amazon for recovery, loom at the rational recovery books, etc.

Good luck!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good decision PHMO! (Easier to type that than your whole nick here.)
You "sound" committed now, where you were telling us why you couldn't, instead of saying wouldn't before. We are all here for you bud, just like the others before us were here for us.

You know we aren't judgmental because we have been there, and wondered how all the long term sober alcoholics managed to stay sober. Just remember that everyone is sober when they take that first drink of the day. Alcohol, the devil, or the actions of others didn't make me do it. Self indulgence sounds so nice. In fact we get a physical dependence and our body needs it after a while.

You are going to have a tough week. It is advisable to read your doc in on what you are doing, and why.

I wrote early in my sobriety the truth. "I liked drinking when it was voluntary. Not so much when it became mandatory."