SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello and Thank You (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/301251-hello-thank-you.html)

SoberMarine 07-17-2013 03:36 PM

Hello and Thank You

Hello :wave:

First off, THANK YOU! I came across this site while doing a search on Google on ways of quitting drinking and what I could expect at first, and I kept coming back for a few days until today, when I ended my experiment with being sober and decided to remain sober.

So, yeah, I'm on day #10 (I know, I know, not a long time), have already seen and felt the benefits of not drinking, and am REALLY excited about the future. If I keep improving at this rate I'll be a male supermodel in a few months, HAHA!!!

So, yeah, hello, thank you, and I look forward to being among all you beautiful people in this forum.

c

yukonm 07-17-2013 03:40 PM

Welcome to our community!! You will find lots of support and encouragement here. Each day you stay sober counts, congratulations on 10 days!!

SoberMarine 07-17-2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by yukonm (Post 4074777)
Welcome to our community!! You will find lots of support and encouragement here. Each day you stay sober counts, congratulations on 10 days!!

Thank you SO much, yukonm! I'm really happy to be here, and I certainly appreciate your friendly welcome :) I'll post updates of my progress as the days go by, and look forward to hearing from you and others as well. Thanks again!

Bubovski 07-17-2013 03:46 PM

Ten out of ten ain't bad.

Keep coming back here, seek out sober company, attend meetings.

Enjoy a great new life style!:tyou

silentrun 07-17-2013 03:46 PM

Hi SoberMarine. Congratulations on your 10 days. You say it's not a long time but it is a big deal. Glad you are starting to feel some of the benefits.

SoberMarine 07-17-2013 03:49 PM

Thanks for the message AND the support, silentrun! It's been YEARS since I've gone 10 days without drinking, so I guess it IS an accomplishment :) Thanks for reminding me of how difficult it can be, and again for your support :)

Tamerua 07-17-2013 03:50 PM

Welcome and congrats on 10 days!

SoberMarine 07-17-2013 03:52 PM

Thanks, Murchovski! You'll definitely see me around these parts a lot more; I could use the sober company and hopefully others can find comfort in my messages. I appreciate your message and support!!! :)

SoberMarine 07-17-2013 03:54 PM

Thank you SO very much, Tamerua!!! Every day I don't drink is a happier day :)

wiscsober 07-17-2013 03:54 PM

:welcome you are among friends!

SoberMarine 07-17-2013 03:55 PM

Thanks, wiscsober! I can sense it, and I most definitely appreciate it! The same applies to anyone else reading this: I'm here for you, too! Thanks again, wiscsober!

Hevyn 07-17-2013 04:29 PM

Pleased to meet you, SoberMarine. :) I'm so happy you found us.

We all understand how hard it is to let go. I drank all my life and never imagined I'd be able to live without it. I have no idea why I felt that way - all it was bringing me was misery in the end. I was tired of being foggy and numb - it's great to live life with eyes wide open. No more phoning it in for us! Glad you are here. :)

SoberMarine 07-17-2013 04:53 PM

Hello, Hevyn :)

The pleasure of meeting is all mine, and I am elated that I found you all. As I mentioned, this forum made my decision much easier and quicker. Reading everyone's experiences and struggles, the support they received from others who had had similar experiences, the fact that it IS possible, and all the positivity I came/come across here, led me to my decision to be sober.

I also drank most of my life, since the age of 13, and am also tired of living in a fog, waking up hung over, making excuses why I can't go somewhere or do something, seeing and feeling my health deteriorate, etc. As I just read in someone else's post, and I'm paraphrasing, it feels great to start life over :)

I'm curious about something you said, Hevyn. What did you mean by "No more phoning it is for us?" Did you mean calling out sick from work?

Thanks again, Hevyn! I'm glad we crossed paths, and I certainly appreciate your support!

c

Junegirl 07-17-2013 06:15 PM

Welcome to SR, SoberMarine and congrats on 10 days! As you already know, this place is full of great people supporting each other through this process of recovery. Glad you could join us!

June

Btw, feel free to post pics when you become a male model ;)

Dee74 07-17-2013 06:18 PM

Welcome SoberMarine :)

D

Hevyn 07-17-2013 06:18 PM

I pm'd you SoberMarine - sorry for the confusion. :)

LadyBlue0527 07-17-2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by wiscsober (Post 4074810)
:welcome you are among friends!

I can't say it any better than that!

By the way, 10 days is an awesome start! Don't downplay that achievement, you deserve to be congratulated. We all know how hard this can be.

SnwFlower 07-17-2013 07:33 PM

Welcome to SR and big congrats to you on 10 days!!!

You'll find lots of support and encouragement here. Glad you found us. :)

Notmyrealname 07-17-2013 08:11 PM

I was sober for three months and . . <looks down> . . I wouldn't worry about that whole "male supermodel" thing catching up anytime soon, but I think you're right on, the continuing self-improvement from staying off the sauce is pretty great and definitely something to enjoy. And congrats on the ten days, you have to be feeling a lot better now than ten days ago huh?

Keep runnin' with that momentum, yer doing good!

Ptcapote 07-17-2013 10:02 PM

Welcome! So good to have you on board! .

Glad you're with us and feeling good. It only gets better and better. Looking forward to seeing more posts and hearing about your progress.

S/F