Hello and Thank You

Old 07-17-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR SoberMarine

D
Old 07-17-2013, 10:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome SoberMarine! Really glad you found you're way here.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Welcome, SoberMarine!

A lot of support, understanding and encouragement here. And you are never alone on SR, it's been my sobriety saver.

Take care and keep posting)
Old 07-18-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I for one find sobriety has much more to offer when I reach out to help someone, much more than doing it on my own.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

JuneGirl, Dee74, Hevyn, LadyBlue0527, SnwFlower, NotMyRealName, PTCapote: Thank you each and all VERY much!!! I really appreciate the comments, support and friendly welcome

JuneGirl: Thank you!!! And I agree; there are LOTS of great people on here! The support, even a few, short words, cannot be underestimated, and not just to me but to others who have taken steps they may not have taken otherwise, so THANK YOU! As for the modeling pics…HAHA!!! You can be sure that if I ever look as good as a model I'll be posting my pictures EVERYWHERE!!! HAHA!!!

Dee74: Thank you!!! It's great to be here among all you great people. Thanks for writing and for welcoming me!

Hevyn: Thanks!!! Never a need to apologize for writing! I replied a few minutes ago. Thank you SO much!

LadyBlue0527: I appreciate the support and encouragement I know very well that some people go through a much tougher process than I, some succeed and some don't, so I promise not to downplay 10 days (eleven now!!!). I will continue praying for strength and discipline, and keeping myself busy, as we support each other on this journey Thanks again!

SnwFlower: Thank you SO much!!! I'm day 11 now, WOO HOO!!! I've already found a ton of encouragement, and than you all!!! I'm glad I found you all, too

NotMyRealName: Thanks for writing and for sharing your experience with me and others. Though I won't be a supermodel anytime soon, HAHA, I have lost a few pounds, the bloating in my face is gone, the pores on my face are tighter, and the redness and spider veins are less prominent. So, yeah, I feel GREAT now compared to how I felt 10 days ago! I can't wait to start visiting the gym (now that I have a lot more time due to not drinking), and doing all the things I love doing again! Thanks for your support and your encouragement, NotMyRealName! Any chance you'll try to be sober again? Three months is a LONG time, and if you can go that long, you can go an eternity!

PTCapote: Thanks for the friendly welcome, PTCapote! I'll certainly keep you all updated on progress…and hope it only continues Thanks again, and SEMPER FI!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Nuudawn, MidnightBlue, Wiscsober: Thank you for the welcome and the comments! I certainly appreciate them all. Sorry for not including you in the prior message I sent; I didn't know I had a 2nd page with messages, haha.

NuuDawn: Thank you VERY much! I'm also glad I found my way here to be among you all. I hope I get to return some of the support I've received! Thanks again!

MidnightBlue: I'm noticing all the support, understanding and encouragement, and I'm glad it's out there and in here so that myself and others like me can benefit, and then help others I have a very good feeling I'll be coming back regularly, if not daily. I go to Facebook and other social media sites and see photos of alcohol, drinking parties and bars, so I have more in common here and with all of you then on those other sites Thanks again!

WisSober: I agree with you ENTIRELY! Not only does helping others encourage us to practice what we preach, but it also simply helps others Thanks for your message!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome buddy....Well done on ten days....Keep doing what you are doing and you'll be just fine.....Steve.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Also I see from your profile you are into fitness....I'm also a gym rat...If you don't mind could you share your exercise regime that you would have had in the marines...I'm always on the look out for new workouts.....Steve.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Stevie88 -

Thanks for reaching out to me, for the cool messages, and for your support! As you know, I've just started, but I'm sincerely looking forward to the journey, partly because I haven't felt this good in 31 years, and partly because I want to stick around for another 31 years

I see your sobriety date is 7 Dec. In America that's "a date that will live in infamy", when Pearl Harbor was bombed, which led to our entry into World War II. Congratulations on being sober over 7 months! That's a HUGE accomplishment!!! Definitely keep it going! You are truly an inspiration to those of us who just started and who are struggling.

As for our workout routines in the Marines...I was actually in better shape in high school when I wrestled, HAHA! Physical fitness (PT), as it is known in the U.S. Marines, ALWAYS consisted of stretching, running 3-7 miles, pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, and all sorts of exercises with 'creative' names, such as 'side-straddle-hops' (jumping jacks), etc., HAHA! It really wasn't anything out of the ordinary nor extraordinary. We PTd 3x per week, then went to the gym on our own to do what we personally liked. We were tested 2x per year (pull-ups, sit-ups, 3-mile run), and that's about it You are SURELY in better shape now as a "gym rat" than I ever was in the Marines. I just had bigger guns (guns as in the ones that fire bullets, not as in biceps) then

Thanks again, Stevie!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

test
Old 07-18-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR SoberMarine.

This place is great, full of caring, empathic people who genuinely want to help each other get and stay sober. Congrats on 11 days, amazing achievement.

Brit
Old 07-18-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

SoberMarine, 10 days sober? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

BritGirl and NeferkaMichael: Thank you SO much for the encouragement, support and overall kind words! Today is day 12 and I'm SUPER excited! You are correct, BritGirl, this place IS great and there ARE lots of great people here…to include YOU! I look forward to crossing paths with both of you again, and thank you for being a part of the start of my journey! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey hey hey! Congrats on 12 days of fabulous sobriety!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thank you, Nuudawn!!! And congratulations to YOU on almost 2 months!!! WOO HOO!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarine View Post
Thank you, Nuudawn!!! And congratulations to YOU on almost 2 months!!! WOO HOO!!!
(((thank you))))...it really was a wonderful choice I made almost two months ago. I've had some trying moments...but for the most part, I am delighted with my sobriety : )
Old 07-19-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

congrats on your 12 days!

you know how good you feel now? it gets better!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks, ippochick! I feel great today, and look forward to feeling better and sharing my experience, lessons and joy with others! Thank you for your support, and congratulations to YOU!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Just checking in with you.....I see you are still on track. Thank you so much for participating on other's threads and giving hope and encouragement. That is what this is all about!!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey, Yukonm! Thanks for keeping me in mind. I really, really appreciate it

Regarding participating in threads and offering hope and encouragement, ABSOLUTELY! We're all in this together, you all help me out daily, and I can only return the kindness and support.

Thanks for all YOU do for us, giving us hope and inspiration. Thanks for being YOU!

- c