Notices

9 days and fighting

Old 07-17-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Time Lord

9 days and fighting

It's been 9 days and for some reason I have been fighting with my alcoholic voice today. It keeps telling me that one drink won't hurt but I know I can't do one! I have been good at walking away but today seems harder then normal.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sometimes the hours couldn't go fast enough when i was starting the fight .

You only have a few more hours to battle and then it's bedtime , certainly less than a moment ago .

I always tried to distract myself even if it felt i was only going through the motions .

9 days

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-17-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

BowTies,

My AV definitely tried to convince to have just one for a while. Well, I reminded it that for me 1=10. Alcoholic math is what I call it. It's definitely a battle some days, but hang on to your 9 days because they're a great accomplishment.
As mecanix said, distraction helps. I know it's worked for me many times when the AV was screaming. "Lalala! I can't hear you AV!".

Best to you,

Junegirl
Old 07-17-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Time Lord

Thanks! I know this is good for my family and my self. It's hard to let go of the life style even though I feel better now then I have in years! The celexa is really helping a lot more then I thought it would. I'm glad for that! just wish my AV would shut up already! It's like having a crappy friend who keeps trying to get me in trouble!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea it is hard; I been living in a haze for 29 years until recently .. Then the "lights" came on and all my demons scattered lol So I know what ya mean .. But like you said you FEEL better; So fight it and Start another day\another battle tomorrow Congrats on 9 Days ...

Originally Posted by BowTiesAreCool View Post
It's hard to let go of the life style even though I feel better now then I have in years!