Notices

Looking for some support

Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for some support

I'm writing on here to share something i've been going through. I've been sober on and off for 7 years and my most recent experience with picking up alcohol has left me feeling pretty bad. It's not that something bad happened - it's just that its triggered a lot of thoughts in my mind about it

Over the past year or so I have been experimenting again with drugs/alcohol but I have found myself feeling very depressed afterwards or I've noticed the drugs affecting my mood for days after. I have been experimenting again because for some reason I feel like I'm missing out on something... I've been coming to the realization that I'm not missing out on anything and that all of these incidents are making that more clear to me.

I also live with my boyfriend whom I originally go sober with 7 years ago, he has been sober ever since and I have had my share of relapses. We are doing really great and the only time we have big issues is when he finds out that I have drank/used again

I think finally I am finding that I want to be sober for me - not for my boyfriend and not for anyone else. I thought I had come to this conclusion many times before but I guess not.

I'm feeling very grateful that these forums are here as I have already started to feel connected to you all.

To say all im thinking in a few words, drugs/alcohol no longer work for me so I've decided it's not worth the pain and brain confusion anymore - I'm done
Old 07-17-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post! So glad you're here. You've made a fantastic choice..in every way.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's a great decision. So pleased you've joined us x
Old 07-17-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! You'll find awesome support and advice here!