Notices

Day 10

Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

It's day ten for me. Right in the middle of a week long family reunion. I'm scared ****less. Anxiety off the charts, nausea. Is this normal? I'm petrified to see a doctor. It's just too much for me right now, I could not take it. All I do know, is that I will NOT drink today.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

10 days; Congrats .. For me Yea it was normal .. everything I have read here and else where has stated that .. I know how family things can get to anyone; so keep your chin up and sending lots of strength for ya .. I actually have a lil bit to share this week
Old 07-17-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Preciousguppy, 10 days? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on ten days sober! Keep on keepin' on.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

if you're that anxious maybe seeing a Dr will help PG?

D
Old 07-17-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am only on Day 5, but the good sooooo far out weighs anything "ethanol" ever did for me, and did I consume a lot. To top it off I did not pick a day to quit. I said enough is enough and when what I have is gone, I am done. Guess what? That happened on a Friday night! No work to distract me the next day just two BIG LONG weekend days when I literally would drink from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed. I even used different glasses depending on the time of day! To make matters even more challenging we went to a club ( I had water). But I managed to make it Monday feeling awesome. I have found so much joy in dumping this monkey that it makes the sneak attacks bearable. The things you forgot were your routine. Today I had a 2:45 Dr. Appt. That usually meant I got an early jump on drinking when I got home. I thought about the memory, but not actually doing it. I think you will be fine if you have had some awesome new feelings so far. Good luck
Old 07-17-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ten days! You're amazing. I hope you know that. As for feeling "off", I had hangovers for about three weeks after I had stopped drinking/using. I don't know if it's the same thing you're experiencing. As I've mentioned before I don't like going to the doctor. But doctors are just people. They're trained to help you get well. They're not some secret society trying to "get you" (my thoughts. I'm not implying they're yours).