Notices

You know me

Old 07-17-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

You know me

You know me

I've been here since January , but on this earth 57 years. I've told my story , the successes , the failures. At a young age I was introduced to hardship , not that I remember too much , the unpleasantness. It's somewhere in my subconscious. I remember my mother always working , never home. Working two jobs , trying to keep me clothed , fed. My father left at an early age . My mother , she tried but in her effort , she failed some . I was fat , not well kept . Other parents took too me , maybe felt sorry for me.

I went to work at an early age to have things. I was 10 maybe 11 . I always had money in my pocket. By 16 I had a car , I became popular. By 25 I found Cocaine , I could afford it. With it came more popularity. Only thing , when that phase ended for most , I hung on . It was my feel good friend. 32 year's later I'm at the end of that friendship. It doesn't work anymore . Time to say goodbye. It's not easy but I'll give it a go.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

You can do this!

I wish you an awesome sober journey
Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Freedom is yours for the taking Ricky,

keep at it,

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-17-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi my friend, thanks for the post and letting us know how you got to where you are today, it's good to know more of your story

Are you still working a plan right now? I know you were going to NA for awhile...is that still a go? Sponsor? I don't know if you're doing any 12 Step work but that is useful for some people in addressing what brought them to the door of addiction and what keeps them knockin.' Helped me although I was really skeptical about the whole process at first.

Anyway, just some thoughts/ideas. Know you are committed no matter what, and as always, we got your back!

Hope you're staying cool in the 'Burg. It's nasty here in DC and about the same in Philly.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Thanks for listening , I am sad today ...... Day 6 , feel like using. I had planned to when I wrote this post , thats the pattern . I see it now. I've done it before. Write a " why me " post then dwell on it , get all worked up then use to feel better. I tried , I text , no text back or I would have used. Well sad now went to mad and the day is over. Day 7 directly ahead , what will it bring. We'll see .

Ps. Don't know what sense this made but that's just what I'm feeling. I hope tomorrow is better
Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Riky
The only way to break the poor me cycle is not to use...no matter what, even if your butt is on fire.

you'll find your ideas about yourself and your world look startlingly different with some sober time.

6 days is great - don't falter now

are you using any other support besides SR? why not work on having people to people to text besides your dealer?

D
Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

You are so right , Dee . The title is now ........ " I know me " and my butt is on fire. Putting my life out here for all to see isn't easy, but it helps me and maybe someone else. Honesty is the best policy. It's helping me to see me. Bring it , day 7........
Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you too and I know you're a good decent man who can lick this Riky
rooting for ya

D
Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

" Thank you "
Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Triky triky triky Way to go my friend. You did something different. You came in here before you used. I am so proud of you my friend. I get to post 1 week for you in 24 hour club today! Woohoo!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

No, not yet , day 7 will be tomorrow , thanks tho
Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
No, not yet , day 7 will be tomorrow , thanks tho
ok u can do it! I am already preparing tomorrows post it's got your name in it! say trilyriky 7 days WOOHOOOO!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Ok Deeker , This one's for you , come hell or high water.

Thanks pt , I know your there
Old 07-17-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You can totally do it, Ricky. WE all know it...you gotta know it too.

Look at this past week---you did the July 4 and weekend thread for us, you have given tons of people here support that I have seen, and you were so sweet to post my 5 month anniversary and make me feel awesome.

I kind of think you are pretty freakin' fantastic without any drugs added, Ricky Don't you?

Hang in there, thinking of you tonight and will be tomorrow too. Keep posting.

((Hugs))
Old 07-17-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's right! I second that last comment.

Go triky go triky it's ur birthday it's ur birthday
Old 07-17-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Thanks for listening , I am sad today ...... Day 6 , feel like using. I had planned to when I wrote this post , thats the pattern . I see it now. I've done it before. Write a " why me " post then dwell on it , get all worked up then use to feel better. I tried , I text , no text back or I would have used. Well sad now went to mad and the day is over. Day 7 directly ahead , what will it bring. We'll see .

Ps. Don't know what sense this made but that's just what I'm feeling. I hope tomorrow is better
While you are strong, DELETE all dealer numbers off your phone.

You are doing great. Hang in there. Each time you don't give in to that voice, you get a little stronger, and it gets a little weaker. It will become very rewarding, until that voice fades to a low occasional murmur.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey triky,
Wishing you well on day 7 and thanks for sharing some of your story. Ando.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Minx

Good luck triky, when the thought of using enters your head , zap it out straight away do not romance it, go for a walk , go for a run, do something different, we have to change the old patterns,

The definition of insanity is doing he same thing everyday expecting a different outcome , we must CHANGE

T
Old 07-18-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trishd View Post
Good luck triky, when the thought of using enters your head , zap it out straight away do not romance it, go for a walk , go for a run, do something different, we have to change the old patterns,

The definition of insanity is doing he same thing everyday expecting a different outcome , we must CHANGE

T
What she said ZAP triky ZAP , she's right!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi, trikyriky. You are not that much older than myself, and I also found cocaine around the age you did. My friends introduced me to it, then they seemed to stop use after the problems began, but like you I continued to use.
Good luck to you in sobriety, and like the others say try and build up some quality time doing enjoyable things, to try and gain stability.