Notices

Really gotten myself in a jam

Old 07-17-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No worries. Heading back to work. Ill read your response when I arrive back. Flew to Co back in Feb for a friend that killed himself after his 2nd DUI. For the first time I realized exactly how he felt. There isnt any sweeping it under the rug, got to face the demons and every thing that it brings with it. Im terrified of what lurking around the corner, that much I Know
Old 07-17-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by downnout View Post
Thanks again for all the kind words so far. Just that realization that I am probably going to lose my job over this and be forced into a pile of debt, knowing that its all deserved, that is just enough to make you really start examining things. I know I still have time in my life to come out ahead of this thing. Just want to get on the right path and start working through everything that takes me to drinking without leaning on that.
Well, I had 2 DUIs. I'm still trying to recover my life a year and a half later. I lost my job because of it and am still unemployed. I served over 60 days of house arrest, paid many, many thousands of dollars in fines, will not get my license back for another year and a half.

But you know what? I'm grateful. After the 2nd DUI, I was forced to face my alcoholism. I went to rehab. I relapsed a couple times but I'm sober now, feeling much better physically and I have hope.

Good luck to you. I know things will probably get a little rough but try to look at it as an opportunity to better your life. At some point the consequences will be over. Remember: This too shall pass.