Notices

Change of place

Old 07-17-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good for you....don't exhaust yourself or get overheated.....not good coming off alcohol...rest often...take it easy on water but drink juices....
Old 07-17-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iwh View Post
but don't trip over the cake when what's most important is your continued learning of recovery.
Nice one.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Walked on the beach and swam a little then had a nap. Going to eat now. Feel much better at home with family and not totally alone all the time. Exercising and eating right right helped me a lot. Thank you guys, maybe worrying less about total days is better.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
iwh

yay, just be healthy with them. yay!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better after the beach and eating some good food. But just a bit concerned about you being there with family... If it's your Dad you are with, going on what you've said about him being unsupportive before... Well, just be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-17-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

He just does not understand how serious it is. It is not fun being around him when he is drunk. I am alone most of the day but I had to get away from where I was, I felt scared to even go grocery shopping. I did have water at a bar today while he drank, but I cannot go back in there, but he has friends so. Stupid to go in a bar, I know, my dad drinks every day.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well... I guess you know if you can handle being around him or not... I hear what you are saying about not feeling ok where you were living... All I can say is please be careful and mindful of your emotions right now... And leave if/when you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-17-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I have had trouble sleeping and my moods fluctuate a lot, sometimes I want to cry because I miss my ex and her family even though they did not like me. Not really sure what to do or where to go. Maybe I can go somewhere I have never been before and try to go to a nice museum or something. Although I did feel happy today. Lots of fear and confusion. Just happy to be sober today.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm really happy you're sober today too. I am really proud of you...you stumbled..but you got right back up again Acheleus. You are far stronger than I was at your age.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You know Acheleus, I may not look to much in the future but I always think about tomorrow too. I get up everyday and try very hard to do my best. Sometimes life doesn't work with me on that. Then I think about what I want my tomorrow to be if today is a tough one. If I drink, I know exactly what tomorrow will be. It won't be pretty.

I guess I do the two day method. If I think in twos the number doubles up faster anyway.

The thing I hate most about addiction is how it turns us against ourselves. I hate that. The self loathing is a ring of hell I would wish on no one. You may not love yourself all that much right now but show yourself some compassion. If you hate anything, you hate that damn alcohol that has done this to you and a whole lot of other people including me, including your Dad. It did it. I hate it. I will give it no more. It has taken more than its fair share from good people. It can go f itself.

There is a blessing in all this pain. There will be a day you will come to know it when you push through it.