Notices

Sober but on a massive downer today

Old 07-16-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober but on a massive downer today

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it normal? What do I do about it? Today, for no explainable reason I feel angry, irritable, tearful, want to scream and shout at everyone and I don't understand why? Feeling very emotional. I've been feeling great and today this!

I don't like feeling like this, it sucks big time......
Old 07-16-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think we all have days like that, I know I do. What do you do? I try and not dwell on bad things if possible. Take a quick walk, take a quick break from work/home duties, listen to a song, anthing to get me out of the rut. Also remind yourself that it's WAY easier to deal with this sober than it is by drinking ( and thus avoiding ).
Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yes, I have days like that here & there. I used to drink over them but now I run or read, go to a meeting. Sometimes a funny movie or watching funny you tube videos can snap me out of it. Sometimes I just have to wait til I wake up the next morning & start a new different day
Old 07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Check out my posts in the one year and under club....I have just come out the other side of a massive 3 day downer....It wasn't good and I almost caved into the booze...Everyone has bad spells but my new favorite saying man up....We gotta take the rough with the smooth......Steve.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, it happens. *hugs* I'm having a day like this today. Just gotta try to see things in perspective, remember to have some gratitude for the good stuff... and realize that all this is transient. It never lasts. Good days, bad days. Hang in there.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Momma always said there'd be days like this.

Hold on for tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

On those types of days I try to sit down and make a gratitude list and say thank you to my Higher Power. Quite often it works and gets me focused on positive things. At times I think there are some chemicals in what's left of my brain doing battle for control. ?? BE WELL