Notices

3 days in

Old 07-15-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days in

Hi,

I am 3 days into my recovery and have never tried so I have no idea what to expect. I do know that I came very close to destroying my life inside and out and that is what brought me to this point. No one knows the true prison I created for myself. I have lived alone for 10 years and it is pretty easy to regulate what people see and don't see. Heck, I have had a boyfriend for 4 years and he does not even know the full extent. I developed Ataxia due to my drinking and people just think I walk funny. The truth the alcohol was destroying my cerebellum and it would have had me wheel chair bound in a matter of months and eventually would have killed me.

So here I am of my own volition, not knowing what to expect. But I am using my natural strength for good this time and pray that I never take another drop of "cyanide" into my system again. (1 gallon of hard liquor a week y'all for YEARS) How I am even alive, working, and have never had a dui amazes me. For that and this awaking I thank GOD and I thank Him for bringing me here.

Hawkermw
Old 07-15-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Hawkermw

you'll find a lot of help here and support

Have you seen your Dr at all? a lot of the things you mentioned in your post might respond to prompt medical treatment

D
Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I'm glad you joined the family!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I suspect you'll also find many other who have experienced what you have. You're not alone. Welcome, and thank you for posting.