Notices

How long will this last??

Old 07-13-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How long will this last??

I'm on day 5 of withdraw from suboxone. I weaned myself off and finally just said enough. How long will the physical symptoms last?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We're not doctors here and can't tell you for sure how long your symptoms will last. Best thing to do is ask your doctor for info on this subject.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! I haven't been able to get off the Sub myself b/c the side effects were just too much. Based on it's long half life I think it could take a good 2-4 weeks but it is different for everyone. What are your specific side effects? Because maybe you could get rx medicine for them such as if you can't sleep or having muscle spasms or nausea, etc. If you have a good doctor/psych they should be willing to give you some meds to help decrease the physical w/d sx.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also; how long have you been on the Sub and how much were you on and did you taper down slowly or just abruptly stop taking it? All of that can make a difference.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was on it for about 4 yrs, and I slowly weaned down from 1 strip a day to a quarter strip to nothing. I'm not really nauseated, just get the crawlies and feel so dang restless. Not sleeping well at all. Very low energy too. My dr was too expensive so I had to stop going, so I really don't have one at this point. I tried taking Benadryl to help me sleep, but that just makes the anxiety and restlessness worse.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful

There are so many factors to consider it's hard to say with any accuracy. I was on it for about 6 months and was able to taper off of it fairly slow. I still had WD symptoms for about 2 weeks but they weren't terrible, just annoying. Mostly what you are experiencing, crawlies and restless leg syndrome. I think you'll be glad once you get past this, I felt like I was throwing money away towards the end. In retrospect I wish I would have bitten the bullet and gone C/T when I quit the opiates. But then again every time I tried to quit the opiates I failed when the WD's kicked in, so in that respect the sub did break the cycle for me.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks alot for all the advice! I actually woke up today, day 6, and feel sooo much better! No chills, no crawlies. I feel low on energy, but even that's better than it has been. I'm soo thankful I didn't cave and go back on them! Finally, I AM FREE!!!!