Notices

Second attempt, day 4.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Second attempt, day 4.

I wrote a few weeks ago, I got to day 11 but then I drank, a bottle of wine, very annoyed at myself.

I am a binge drinker, I dont need to drink everyday or even every week, butonce I start I csn rarely stop and I could feel myself that it was progressing, I have 2 small babies to think of, I wish I could just not give it a second thought like when I was pregnant but I find myself thinking about it a lot lately.

The fact is everything embarrasing, dangerous that has ever happened me has involved drink, the reason I relapsed is,because I was ata family dinner and thought sure i dont have a problem I can do without i no problem, I willjust have 1 but as I should have known one led to many others and me talking silly again.

I never want to wake up again feeling worried, anxious, sick. I am very motivated this time and its hard as the,weather is amazing which,never happens in this country and nice cool white wine would be nice.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that you decided to stop drinking.

There is lots of support here.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. My thinking process about drinking kept me in trouble for too long. Someone suggested to think about NOT drinking and that helped a lot along with attending a LOT of meetings. These forums have a lot of info if we utilize them as it's by people having our same experiences. It's work but our lives get much better. BE WELL
Old 07-12-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Willow.

Do you have a plan in place to quit drinking?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Glad that you're giving it another go, Willow. I'm also giving it another go; I'm on day 5 today.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Received my plan right now is to come on here a lot and to keep myself busy on outing with my children. At present that is all I have.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, I'm just glad you came back to SR and it seems you now realize you have a drinking problem.

Dee and several others I've "met" here quit successfully using SR. SMART, AA, AVRT, and many other methods or programs are out there as well.

Keep on posting and read read, read, read, read.

Best to you.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Willow

I'm always banging on about 'a plan'....

'not drinking and seeing how things go' is usually the default here - but maybe you should think about something a little more substantial?

staying sober is tough - there's a lot of slippery surfaces - it's really good to prepare for those

D