Notices

Day 2 of round 3

Old 07-12-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 of round 3

It is day 2 of my third attempt at sobriety and I must say to those of you thinking of having that drink. DON'T! I just finished cleaning my empties that I have hidden away throughout the house and it really sickens me at the amount that I have drank during this last binge. I counted over 100 beer cans plus some wine bottles that I have consumed over a 2 week period. It really is true that with every "fall off the wagon" the more harder you fall and drink more.
I am ashamed and somewhat depressed over how I let alcohol control me, from driving drunk, to showing up at work half in the bag and not being there truly for my family. I am going to take the steps and hopefully get to my first AA meeting this weekend and pray to god that I can stay clean.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

Well, it's the little things that make the difference between staying drunk and getting sober...

Like you say that you counted your empties! That's really brave!

I know it seems like a small thing but a person who wants to keep drinking doesn't count. A person who wants to keep drinking will get those things out of sight and mind as quickly as possible. A person who wants to get sober faces facts and counts.

Good for you!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on getting back on the horse and giving AA a chance.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Welcome back. Next time you want to drink, think of all of these negative results.

I drank once since quitting and and am so happy that I didn't just have a few and feel good. No, I had way too many, blacked out, vomitted, and had a three day hangover. I'm so blessed that it happened this way as it really solidified my decision to quit and I haven't even considered a single drink since.

Good luck - remember that drinking is way worse than not drinking.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

AA taught me so many things. About the dis ease I have, working around it by not consuming it, how not to consume it and best of all enjoying life in general. Yes there are bumps and broken shoelaces along the path of sobriety and some people call then mini tests. As said: this too shall pass. Hang on, keep reading, working and keep coming. BE WELL
Old 07-12-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. was even embarrassed if the trashman noticed....
Old 07-12-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck, and good for you.

I remember collecting about 1500 empties from my apartment, all hidden in a back room. Well not really hidden, just thrown all over the place back there. I got my brother to bring the empties back to the beer store so I could get the $150 from empties.

Give AA a try, although it doesn't work for everyone. Explore alternatives if it doesn't.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I SOOO know what you mean ..

Originally Posted by Allison10 View Post
I know what you mean. was even embarrassed if the trashman noticed....
Yea counting them is big; I never did nor would I .. I would walk a Mile JUST to get rid of the empties in a public trash can ..