Notices

Weekend thread July 12, 13, 14

Old 07-12-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I am in!

I have 6 college-age men here this weekend. My son is hosting a get-together to include some beach trips and amusement parking. I have 4 pounds of bacon, so I hope they are hungry.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
just j

Yoga, and then a graduation party on Sat
Church on Sunday
First quiet weekend in awhile so looking forward to maybe getting a bike ride in and lots of reading!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm in! Just arrived in Philly about an hour ago to rain, rain and more rain. I don't mind, though...the weather here was unbearably hot last weekend.

Not sure what the plans are yet but Sunday is my five month anniversary sober. Hard to believe, really. Sort of want to celebrate but am also ridiculously superstitious about such things. This is thanks to an Italian mother who was always accidentally seasoning the dog by throwing salt over her shoulder and predicting her children's fertility based on which piece of silverware fell on the floor (I am not kidding). So! That being the case I might just lay low and say a little prayer of thanks and be done with it

Will be here with you all, tho'

Mecanix: Any smoked streaky on the menu this weekend?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I posted this on the 24-hour club thread also...

My daughter and I are going over to Spokane which is the Eastern border of Washington (we are the Western side/pacific ocean), about a 6-hour drive, to see our baby nephew Jameson who was born without arms An amazing man named Hector Picard who is a double arm amputee from being electrocuted, heard about Jameson and is riding his bicycle, 100 miles a day for 30 days (3000 miles) from Florida to Washington state to meet him and raise awareness and hopefully a lot of money for the baby to get arm prostheses! Can't wait to meet him!
Here's a link to a story on him as he was passing through Denver:

Amputee cyclist passing through Denver on cross-country quest | KDVR.com

Last edited by AlexaDaly; 07-12-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: url didn't copy
Old 07-12-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Alexa : I'm speechless , but what an awesome thing he's doing , prayers to you and yours
Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Im in! I picked up a plastic barrel today so we can make a rain barrel. Tomorrow Im making tamales- thats a long project lol
Old 07-13-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Night owl

Have had a rough start to the weekend, PTSD triggered, negative thoughts/voices screaming at me but I AM NOT GOING TO USE!!!

Count me in!

ETA--Wow, Alexa, that is amazing. Helps to put my thoughts/feelings in perspective, thanks.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

No streakin' today .. trying to curb my calorie intake .

I have a few dinners to finnish in the fridge / freezer this weekend then i'll be on a new food riegeme . I gave up and put on 4 st when nearly everyone else seems to loose weight

I do say to myself well at least i aint drinking , but i think that is begining to sound like a cop out to avoid doing something that will give me a nicer feeling body and help me live longer ..

off for my coffee ,
L8rs , m
Old 07-13-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I am in!

I have 6 college-age men here this weekend. My son is hosting a get-together to include some beach trips and amusement parking. I have 4 pounds of bacon, so I hope they are hungry.
I'll save your bacon if you want to send the leftovers! Yummy!
Old 07-13-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Day 13 for me

Had a hell of an evening yesterday, cravings was really bad, i ended up hiding up in my bed to keep myself not picking up that first drink.

So i guess push through today.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

i ended up hiding up in my bed to keep myself not picking up that first drink.
Whatever gets you through Erratic . I made my bed and bedroom a bit of a "fortress" to retreat to if i was feeling vunerable . I still do it 22 months on if i feel i need it .

Congratulations on Day 13

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-13-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks mecan, means alot to have a reply to this, im hoping to do more today. I have work this evening so that will keep me off it also.

Great going on ur 22 months hun xxxx

Old 07-13-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Great job on riding out the cravings, Erratic. I too see my bed as a kind of refuge.

Just got back from the meeting and now I'm cooking my mushroom risotto and steak. Decided not to go to the reading festival as I realised that the start of it clashed with the meeting and it's on a first come, first in basis so I probably wouldn't get into it now. Also, it's so hot today, the idea of standing in an open air square with 4000 other people all day really doesn't appeal to me. I must one of the few people in the UK to complain about it being too hot today!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

How is everybody today July 13 ? I'm good , races last night and at the lake today. Ok everyone , talk soon
Old 07-13-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Great to hear that you're doing good, riky. Did you catch any fish at the lake? I'm doing well so far, apart from the fact that I just made up some Kool Aid I brought back with me from holiday and now my fingers and the kitchen are stained bright red. Oh well, nothing that won't wash off. Better than spilling red wine everywhere!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day four here too. I will not drink, but not sure what I will do, and have fun on that boat.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Louise, so far I got 2 and my freind got 2 , I cant let her win. I got to get seious here

hunting : do you fish ? It takes your mind of of other things
Old 07-13-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Yeahhh, that's fighting talk, right there! Make sure you bring home the bacon (or fish in this case) for Team Weekend Thread.

hunting, well done on day 4. It's important to just look after yourself in these early days. Treat yourself. Rent out a film or box set on DVD to watch. Watch whatever's on TV that appeals to you or just allows you to zone out. Listen to music. Take a walk somewhere scenic. Read a book or magazines. Give any supportive family or friends a call. Cook your favourite meal or order a takeaway. Have a long, hot bath. Sleep if you need to. Or just spend all day on SR, like I often do!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Day 2 of three day weekend is drawing to a close hear on the east coast . I hope all your plans went well. I know mine did except for getting edged by my friend 5 - 2 , fishing . Oh well I had fun anyway. Hiw did your plan go ?