Notices

New to this site

Old 07-11-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this site

I'm new to this site and am hoping someone can share their experiences. my husband is coming home from rehab (Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitationor 4moth Alcoholism) for the first time and while I love and adore my husband I am so completely nervous, worried about his return. did anyone else feel this way? I'm afraid he will start to hang out with same people. What rules should I set? I don't want to be negative.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Welcome Rae007 ,

Your husband is lucky to have a spouse like you . To me it sounds as though you could do with some support yourself

Have you tried broaching the subject with the sally army people his with as they might have some good ideas and suggestions .

In the friends and family section here there is a lot of experience , one thing i was learning about the other day was the four c's as a for instance "You didn’t Cause it, you can’t Control it, you can’t Cure it but you don't have to Contribute to it."

Bestwishes to you and the hubby , m
Old 07-11-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! Setting some boundaries might be a good idea if he starts to 'stray' from the right path. I agree with having some support for yourself. Have you thought of AlAnon? There is also our friends and family forum for loved ones of an alcoholic. Lots of support there also. Take care of yourself.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Rae
Old 07-11-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, Rae--welcome to SR. I've found a lot of support and learned a lot in this forum; I hope it's the same for you.

As others mentioned, there is a section of the forum for family and friends of alcoholics, where you might find information that's more specific to your situation. Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Don't miss the stickied items at the top of the page. There is some good suggested reading, both books and threads here in the forum.

I would strongly suggest you find yourself a couple of Alanon meetings, too. Sometimes face-to-face help is needed in addition to an internet forum. Here's a link to finding Alanon meetings. http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/how-to-find-a-meeting

Again, welcome, and I wish you peace and clarity today.