Notices

Will he be better off?

Old 07-12-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Ah, I see. I had some day 4 brain-fogginess yesterday! Hope everything is going ok with you and your hubby today. ((hugs))
Old 07-12-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
now's the time

Yeah, I would try not to take things your husband says too personally right now. The last year or two at my most recent job was really, truly terrible. It's one of the worst feelings I've ever been in — feeling trapped in a bad situation, and one that you have to give your sweat and your heart to. It's really one of the worst feelings in the world.

I will never forget that claustrophobic feeling of being trapped against a wall. If the other job was going to bring in a higher income and maybe let him off the hook for a little while, then I could see him coming back to that when feeling particularly desperate. That doesn't mean he resents you or would be better off without you. It just means the two of you should sit down and figure out if he really and truly does need to keep this job, or if there's another way to get by so that he can get some sanity back in his life.