Notices

I slipped up. Please help me.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I slipped up. Please help me.

Hi again.

I managed to get sober for 5 months but have completely slipped up again. I moved hemispheres with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago, and I've let my drinking just spiral out of control again.

My boyfriend is now understandably pissed off and I would say this is the final straw - if i can't fix myself up I have no doubt he would just get the next ticket home.

I feel like scum today. I'm hungover, pissed at myself and pretty depressed too - I just can't believe I let myself get there again. I hate who I become when I drink, it's a despicable person that I wouldn't go near sober. And that person is me!!'

Please help me :-( I really, really need it. Alcohol will kill me if I don't sort myself out
Old 07-11-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Bunny, stay strong. Start again and you'll get back up to 5 months soon. Check out the July Class . . . lots of great people in there who are helping each other. I am quite new to this forum but lots of advise to be found in the July class.
Caoimhin
Old 07-11-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bunny
You must Not Drink Today
No Matter What
No matter how you feel
24 hrs at a time
If you do that things will be OK
Old 07-11-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you learned what triggered you? Is this trigger avoidable?

I think you are on the right track. It sounds like you have learned that alcohol is making your life unmanageable.

Have you come to the realization you are powerless over alcohol?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bunny,

Please stop beating up on yourself. Instead, use that energy to strengthen your resolve and make a new plan for how you'll stay sober. Ask your bf to help you with your plan if that will make you or him feel better. You've experienced a great change. (Btw, how awesome is NZ? I'd move there in a heartbeat! ) But you may need extra support dealing with the change. Get yourself that extra support if you can.
Falling off the wagon happens. But you can come back stronger!

I wish you the best,

June
Old 07-11-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling Bunny.

Remember that you've gotten sober once - you can do it again..there's so much support here

If you think you need outside help I know Auckland has a pretty vibrant AA network...they also have something called CADS..you may or may not be eligible depending on what your resident status is, but why not check it out?

Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) : Healthpoint
D
Old 07-11-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I tried and failed too many times to remember but I never gave up and finally 'got it right'. You can too, just don't give up.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You were sober for five months? Wow. I hope to get to that point. I have to believe that you learned a great deal in those five months. Take what you've learned and apply it to your next phase of sobriety.

Like many, I have failed to get sober more times than I can count. At least a two decades of failed attempts. You've done what countless others have done. But like countless others you can dust yourself off, hold your head proud, and take another stab at that demon.

Please keep posting.