Notices

stop telling me to quit for good!

Old 05-16-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Quit for evil then, if that works better for you. Whatever floats your boat. I quit FOR GREAT JUSTICE.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by Notmyrealname View Post
Quit for evil then, if that works better for you. Whatever floats your boat.
Lol.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
instant

Forever never comes - it is always 'now'

Even after i had my last drink three years ago the thought of a future withour alcohol sent me into a cold dread. in time i came to view that as a pathological state as a result of my alcoholism.

One day at a time is all ypu need- that is all there ever is anyway
Old 05-16-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by DarkDays View Post
Suppose it's different for everyone , stopping for ever and knowing that I am done with alcoHELL forever for me is one of the most liberating aspects of being sober , the immense freedom from it. Never ever wAnt to go back to that life , ever.
I was just reading this thread and thinking this same thing. Although it's important to always be mindful that disaster could be right around the corner you do eventually acquire sobriety muscles and settle in.

I have to say that a few of the top of the list items that I've found by getting this far are finding out what a lie addiction was. Fearing how I was ever going to have fun again or live without alcohol was nothing more than a big lie that addiction was telling me. Another big plus is actually feeling relief that I no longer drink when invited to events. Just got invited to a Memorial Day bbq and offered to make something to bring. It isn't until Monday and I think back to the old me. One, I would have been late and feeling like crap when I showed up because I would have had Fri, Sat, and Sunday to drink it up. I mean, after all, it is a long weekend and that's what long weekends are for, right? Two, who knows if I could even have been depended on to show up with what I promised to bring (or even show up at all). Three, ugh, to think about who I would have left that bbq as and what I might have done or said. Four, I can leave that party when I want and not fear driving home and if I want to do something else after I am free to do that.

Sobriety = relief and freedom! I'm perfectly comfortable and fine saying that I want to live the rest of my life exactly like this.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Had to make it more explicit... Thank you Lady! Your last post helps me a lot!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I've had a huge realisation today that I need to quit fully. I've tried reducing down but I don't imagine I will ever be able to just have one/drink socially. I can hold off until later on in the day but as soon as I have one drink, that's it.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needinghelp82 View Post
... as soon as I have one drink, that's it.
For definition of an alcoholic, see quote above.