Notices

How have you physically improved since quitting?

Old 07-12-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So many positives,
I sleep solidly without waking, my skin looks great, my nails are growing, i am more productive both at work and home, my relationships are improving daily, i have more money. I eat at mealtimes, and am managing breakfast for the first time in ages. I feel good about the future and proud of myself.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:42 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Night owl

I love this thread because it's made me continue to be aware of changes!

I thought of another which is my migraines. While using I had them almost constantly and repeatedly wound up in the ER whenever I ran out of oxy. At the time I refused to believe it was because of the oxy.

Well, now I have had about 6 migraines where I'd usually have had about 25 or more in the same amount of time. And no ER trips. Amazing!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Cracking thread ! It's a vital part of recovery for me now is to feel good in my own skin. I don't want to take this for granted as I have been back out the door at four months to become the bloated beer bellied heart attack on legs. So I'm just approaching five months and I'm getting into really good fitness , I play soccer do boxing training started yoga and my work is physically demanding. To do these things I also have to eat well and rest well and physically I've not been so good in years ! I just wonder how good ill be in another five months haha ! Especially as the diets getting better and I am doing more exceed ice it should get better and better God willing. All in all I'm a better version of me all I done was surrender to king alcohol and get to meetings.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

A year sober, and I've lost 30lbs (13.06 kg, 2.14 stone). I also used to have a skin condition called psoriasis, and that has almost completely cleared up to the point of it being virtually unnoticeable. The physical changes are astounding and for the most part my health is great.