SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Various musings (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/300495-various-musings.html)

Macs 07-10-2013 08:01 AM

Various musings

Well it's Day 5.

I'm not sure why but I love the day count! Everyday I go without a drink makes me want to elevate that number further. It's like a personal challenge to meet the personal affront of alcohols hold on my mind and body.

Physically, I feel better today, woke up the last two days feeling like I had a hangover, but it cleared pretty quickly. Last night was the worst of two nights battling my mind over sleep, I guess that self medicating truly did slow my mind down long enough to achieve sleep. It's weird but I never thought about going to sleep before!

Reading through the posts I have decided to just remain a 'cold turkey', it suits my competitive personality and I love personal challenges! But also because I hate taking pills and or supplements, mom always said "if you are eating right and staying hydrated your body doesn't need any of those pills" Love you Mom.

I dropped caffeine at the same time as liquor so I wonder if the two of them are secretly conspiring against my mind with my body" those sneaky devils. Started a cleanse diet "raw veggies, leafy greens, beets, shakes and smoothies" to see what other benefit I may achieve!

Keep up the fight my friends

least 07-10-2013 08:13 AM

Well done on day 5. Keep on keepin' on. :)

SnwFlower 07-10-2013 08:24 AM

Welcome to SR and congrats on day 5, that's awesome Macs! :)

I totally agree on the day count. As each sober day passes, I'm thrilled with the accomplishment! Keep on keepin' on!

Bruce292 07-10-2013 06:09 PM

I also had early phantom hangovers. For me they occurred on the second week of my sobriety. I just kept drinking water and getting exercise and it seemed to help.

It's wonderful that you have covered five days. That's a serious accomplishment and I hope you take a moment to congratulate yourself.

You keep up the fight too. Keep posting and Thank You for posting!

niijikwe 07-10-2013 06:46 PM

Started a cleanse diet "raw veggies, leafy greens, beets, shakes and smoothies" to see what other benefit I may achieve!
Hello! Im on day 5 also :a122:

I started kind of a cleanse/ healthy diet kick too. Might as well! Its something positive to focus on. I just juiced up a cucumber, 2 green apples, kale, celery, baby spinach and a red apple. Its not really reeeeeeeeaaally yummy, but its totally drinkable.
Plus I make about 7 quarts of green tea at a time and keep it in mason jars in the fridge. It lasts 2 days usually.
I bought almonds, pistachios, walnuts and cashews. For some reason I am craving nuts, like mad! Weird.

Keep on keeping on