Notices

What

Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Know I need to stop to avoid those things just need help. Don't know how I know it sounds dumb but not sure how to be happy or function without
Lots of people choose AA. But there are other options too... SMART, Women For Sobriety, Rational Recovery & AVRT, and I'm not familiar with these two as much but there's SOS & LifeRing. Just take a look around the forum. There's the 12-Step & AA sections, and then there's a Secular section for those who don't want to use the 12-Step approach. And some people just use this forum for their recovery. Important thing is to find something that works for you and go for it! You can do this Lots and lots of people stop drinking, recover and go on to live fulfilled and happy lives.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Proud of you too? How long have you been sober? How much would u drink in a day?
99 days I didn't drink daily. I was a binge drinker. When I drank, it was from 1-2 bottles of wine.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This is a curious thread..must say. If you're satisfied with a life that entails going to work, making dinner and then spending the evening dulling senses or vacating them completely day after day..night after night. No problem. You choose your path in this life. Do you not find that a little...empty? It's pretty much what I did...for years. I didn't really question it much..so good for you for questioning it. I didn't really accomplish much in those years. I didn't grow or change much. I certainly didn't mature or learn much new. I had horrible times with relationships. My true self was essentially absent and this babbling, reckless idiot kinda called the shots.
If you don't truly want a different life... I doubt you will get one.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

what the general complaint is about people that drink a lot ? Is it just that you are jealous
LOL jealous of drinking a lot... If I or anyone else wanted to drink a lot it would be pretty easy to do.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by socallednormal View Post
LOL jealous of drinking a lot... If I or anyone else wanted to drink a lot it would be pretty easy to do.
Bingo. Been there, done that...got the tshirt.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
~sb

why not ask the person who is asking you to stop?