Notices

im ready. I've been dead too long.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im ready. I've been dead too long.

hi i am 22 and for the past 8 months my binge drinking pill popping has taken my life to some ugly places. i mean before that i was pretty much the wild child. then it just got old. i ll stay sober for some time and then binge for days. i have held a steady job and only need a year left to graduate. i went to rehab and came out and drank two days later. i dont have the money for another stay. epsecially now that i have to pay a pi off and another dwi that i havent even gone to court for yet. over this past weekend i drank with some girl for three days,we have been friends for a while. my girlfriend is very understanding and pretty much came over last night and helped me through all the over indulging symptoms. i woke up today to realize i killed all my prescription ambien and knew that its going to be a tough couple of days. i am pretty anxious and have no energy along with a bunch of depression. ive been here before and know how it feels like the end of the world, but ill feel good again and then think im different. i really want to fix this now. ive done aa a lot and i am going to start attending meetings again. something led me to this bored and i am praying for some conversation. i am not going to sit around all day and be miserable i think i should go pick up some goods like gatorade, alka seltzer and what not to get me through the day. any advice on some death binge over symptom relief? thanks
Old 07-09-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi touche and welcome to SR! You have come to a great place for support, info. and wisdom. SR has been my lifeline! You are on the right track, wanting to get sober, coming here to SR and going to meetings.

As for binge relief, drink tons of water to flush all the toxins out of your system. And eat something to settle your tummy. Soft and easy foods like bananas, applesauce, yoghurt, rice are settling and easy to get down. Take care.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! It's good you want to stop drinking. Getting sober was the best thing I ever did for myself.

Come here often for support and conversation. We're here to listen and support you.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks a lot. im going to get as hyrdated as i can. im pretty scared of not having any meds and all. and the depression is kicking in.