Notices

Hi x

Old 07-08-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi x

Hi.
I am new to this site. I have been with hubby 9years, married 4years. His drinking is getting worse, along with my stress. I have started pulling hair & eyebrows out, and dont know what to do to cope. I love him with ALL my heart, and dont want to leave, but it is getting close to it. Feel SO alone, as I am unable to work due to health problems, and could not have children.
Could do with chat, or hearing from anyone by email, so i dont feel on my own xx
Old 07-08-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Jozi

Has your husband ever shown any interest in getting help with his drinking? There are a lot of good places for support where you live.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, jozij, and welcome to SR. Sorry that your situation is such that you need to be here, but there is a lot of experience, strength and hope to share here. I've found a lot of help and hope you find the same.

You might like to do some reading/posting in this part of the forum to find others who have been or are now in the same shoes as you are. Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information Don't miss the "stickied" threads at the top of that page for a lot of useful information and good reading.

Have you considered Alanon for yourself? It's not about how to get your alcoholic to stop drinking, but it IS about how to take care of yourself and get on an even keel again. You can find meetings here http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/international-meetings

If you don't have anything near you, you could try a phone meeting also.
http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/electronic-meetings

I'd highly recommend giving Alanon a try; it can be so helpful to talk with others who know exactly where you have been. I found Alanon and this forum together to be a real sanity-saver when I first began to deal with my situation.

Again, welcome, and please do post and read as much as you can--it will help you a lot! You're not alone, not by far....