Notices

Day 8

Old 07-08-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Day 8

I had 5 days in mental hospital to help me through the DTs, i actually managed it not bad which was weird and then i came home.

Friday night i was ok and then saturday i had a little craving and then sunday came and i had a hell of a day with cravings even though i am on campral to help me stop this.

Today is my 8th day and im in such a bad mood not sure how i am going to cope today, but im trying to struggle on. I am back to work again this evening so i hope that helps me.

I wish this will pass!

:rotfxko
Old 07-08-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Congrats on 8 days! yes, this will really pass. What you are feeling is not uncommon in the beginning. Most of us have been there and it really does get better the longer you are sober.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there. As explained it will get better with time IF you don't pick up first drink, you don't have to get sober again. This can be a great REMEMBER WHEN if you think of picking up in the future as usually the first few weeks won't get better. And that may be an understatement. There is a lot to read in these forums to gather information and communicate. BE WELL
Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
I had 5 days in mental hospital to help me through the DTs, i actually managed it not bad which was weird and then i came home.

Friday night i was ok and then saturday i had a little craving and then sunday came and i had a hell of a day with cravings even though i am on campral to help me stop this.

Today is my 8th day and im in such a bad mood not sure how i am going to cope today, but im trying to struggle on. I am back to work again this evening so i hope that helps me.

I wish this will pass!

:rotfxko
Yeah, its normal to be broody and cranky for the first 3-4 weeks. Your body is going through a lot of changes and it takes time for the emotions and moods to level out, but they will. I still get cranky as hell, but now its just for normal reasons and the fact I was just born with a short fuse. Hey, I am working on it, lol. Congrats on the 8 days!!!! Stick with it, it will get easier and better.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am totally forgiving myself for being moody, crabby, sleepy, unproductive and totally obsessing about alcohol, because I know I am doing something so much more important and that is putting myself first this time and trying to be a healthier me. Don't be so hard on yourself, Erratic, this too shall pass!

congrats on the 8 days!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It gets better the longer you're sober.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

stay strong and it will pass.

the point that visch made is an important one to hang onto. if you don't pick up again, you never have to be at this point again.

congratulations on 8 days. be proud of yourself.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks so much everyone!

I have done this before some yrs ago which i was sober for a year, so i should be able to do this, it just seems harder this time around.

Thanks for everyone advice and good wishes xx

Will keep posting when i can on how many days being sober.

huggles to everyone x