Notices

Another all nighter...

Old 07-08-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Have been there over and over again

I drank myself into benders over and over again...coming down from them was "hell" complete with severe anxiety attacks, sleeplessness and demons in my head towards the end. I miraculously now have over a year of sobriety!

If you are able to get into a treatment program (money or insurance) it would be well worth it. Most will give you something to help with the detox...If that is not a possibility you must find some meetings or recovery support groups to go to...they provide a safe place to be at the very least and will help motivate you get through not drinking one day at a time!

Good Luck!!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I know exactly what you mean, man. I only drank once a week.. twice on rare occasions, but when I did, I did not stop until I was blacked out every time. The hangovers were the worst of the worst, a few times it felt like my heart was going to stop. Every time I think of drinking at all, I force myself to think of those completely horrible hangovers and it goes away.

It's rough when drinking was all you've known on your "off time" to try to completely change lifestyles, try planning your day out at the beginning and filling it with things to keep you out or busy so, you won't have time to drink. That's what I have been doing and it has been working great. One of my hobbies has always been the gym, but you can't do that hungover,lol. So I have made a schedule for 5-6 days a week there. Just a thought.

You can do this!!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

At the moment I'm drinking every other day at least - one bender separated by a day of feeling like I'm gonna die. I feel like crap most of the time and am sick of it. When I was younger used to drink once a week. I may have overdone it a bit (have a few too many beers etc.) but now it's way out of hand. I'm worried about it progressing any further or having some kind of accident or something - it wouldn't be the first, I've already torn the ligament in my knee while drunk amongst other things.