Notices

Day 1 again

Old 07-06-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 again

I had forty days but drank last night. I don't have to tell you How I feel today. Going to a meeting later, and hopefully can put some days together. I guess I need to work as hard on not drinking as I did on drinking. One major problem is that I have no Patience. WHen I drink it is fast and hard. In trying to get sober I want everything that people in aa have, but I don't want to wait for it. I also try to find reasons to drink. I think I need to start telling myself no drink no matter what happens.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The old "I want what I want and I want it now". I am familiar with that.

I am glad you are going to a meeting. Get back on the horse.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Day 1's happen . I think it's day 2 that's important , how you recover , how you respond. Try not beating yourself up , it does no good. Try to make a plan . How will you stay sober for the next minute , hour. I know it's hard it's hard for me but can be done
Old 07-06-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post, it's a great remember when for me and reminds me that if I don't pick up the first drink I don't have to get sober AGAIN. Many times I didn't understand that profound simple statement because alcohol controlled my thinking. BE WELL
Old 07-06-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Your post is really hitting me because today is day 40 for me. I'm glad that my plans are to go for Thai food with my sponsor this evening and then go back to her place and do some book work.

In fact, after reading your post even if I had not had that plan I would be making one right now.

Don't focus on the fact that you're back at day 1. Focus on the fact that you're back here! That's the important thing. YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 07-06-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're back on the right track again.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

You have to work for it in AA. Get a sponsor work the steps go to a lot of meetings. Come early stay late. Get to know the people in the program. Build a net work sober friends. Read the first 164 pages of the big book. Sobriety is not an accident.

I found that when I did what the old timers told me to do on a daily basis things got better and I stayed sober
Old 07-06-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GracieLou View Post
The old "I want what I want and I want it now". I am familiar with that.

I am glad you are going to a meeting. Get back on the horse.
LOL! I spent my whole drinking career as Veruca Salt. Gosh, when I think back I was such a brat. Me me me me me me me...ugh.

Thanks for reminding me that the universe does not revolve around me and instant gratification is just an illusion