Notices

Crystal meth Need help

Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crystal meth Need help

This is my first time on the forum And first time seeking help I don't know what to expect I am desperate Not young Not using it To party

Just a little confused I would like to speak to someone about it It's been one year using I am a father Of three And a husband I want to try to regain control

I know it sounds like a cliché I am at the crossroads Serious medical rehab Or I don't know reaching out this way

Sorry about the grammar
Old 07-05-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey dude, welcome to SR

I've never used meth - I got seriously screwed up on coke and booze though, so I know about wanting control.

Being at the crossroads is good. What's brought you here?

xx
Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi I appreciate The feedback Just tired I can't Turn to family and friends Very hard to explain to them
What brought me here Never ending binges weeks months feel like days and I don't know I'm not really big on forums or blogs but my options are really limited its not like you can turn to anybody and say 'Hey how's ur meth habit today?!'
Old 07-05-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Haha! Too true. Yeah, it's not a good conversation starter

This is a good place - everyone here knows something about where you're coming from, and no one thinks you're crazy.

As for never-ending, it doesn't have to be that way. I wasn't planning to quit when I first came here.

I'm really glad I did, though.

x
Old 07-05-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Welsh - I know you'll find support and encouragement here

D
Old 07-05-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Welsh -

You don't have to be big on blogs or forums to come here - just be willing to reach out a little, like you're doing with the first post. I have used meth in the past; it wasn't my "drug of choice" but I used it with opiates. They call that "speed balling" (not a good idea, wouldn't recommend). Anyway, I was addicted to all kinds of drugs and alcohol and I have managed to stay clean for a while using this forum and some therapy, AA, etc.

I think there's more than one way to get off drugs and what works for me may not be exactly what you or anyone else needs but the thing I've noticed with most recovered people is that they got some kind of help. It's really hard to do it all alone. This is a totally safe place to come and learn about recovery. I've found that I can be brutally honest with people here and I receive great feedback and supportive comments, suggestions, etc... I'm so glad I found this website.

Keep coming around. This could be a new beginning for you. Meth is such a terrible drug in terms of how addictive it is and how easy it is to access. I hope you can get away from it. I'm really glad I stopped before I ended up in prison or dead you know what I mean?

Hope to hear from you more. Take care.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome! Glad you are here.

Have you looked into Narcotics Anonymous for support? I am an ex- meth addict. I have been clean since October 2007 ( as far as meth is concerned.) I went into detox for alcohol/ meth during that time. I haven't touched meth since but have battled alcoholism off and on. I think that NA can help. Please continue to keep posting here as well in the meantime. WE do recover.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hi Welsh, First step done. Admitting to yourself that you have a problem.... Now you can begin the process to rid yourself of the drug. I have been addicted to cocaine for 30 years. I came here to this wonderful , caring forum and found it useful. It's helping me and can help you too. Post as often as you like , there's lots of caring people that have been where you are and can offer advice. How they did it. There will be different methods , use what you think will work for you. You are not alone. Thanks for sharing
Old 07-05-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hope I'm posting in the right area
Sorry about that I should have stuck around longer I really do appreciate your help
I don't live in the states Living overseas in Kuwait. But still wasn't like I was sleeping
I'm in like a day 3 or 4 On I should've cleared my head before approaching The forum
For help

But even the state of mind that I'm in right now I want to quit It's too much Everything changed Physical appearance and personality And My values

I don't know what to expect but I appreciate your help
Old 07-05-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Keep posting Welsh. Just take it one day at time. We do recover.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi Welsh, welcome to SR! You can come here any time and post or just read and that's what is great about this place. I'm battling an opiate addiction, I haven't done meth but I know it's hard to quit and has its own siren song like opiates do. Or anything.

I first came here just lurking and reading then finally started posting. All before I quit using. So you know you can come here any time. You might want to also post in the Substance Abuse forum, might find some folks with direct experience with quitting meth there as well.

Take care.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
hope I'm posting in the right area
Sorry about that I should have stuck around longer I really do appreciate your help
I don't live in the states Living overseas in Kuwait. But still wasn't like I was sleeping
I'm in like a day 3 or 4 On I should've cleared my head before approaching The forum
For help

But even the state of mind that I'm in right now I want to quit It's too much Everything changed Physical appearance and personality And My values

I don't know what to expect but I appreciate your help
Hello. No need to clear your head, or worry about grammar. We dont care about any of that. You have made a very big step by coming to the forum. I hope that you stick around and keep posting. We are all here to help and support one another. I am glad that you found SR.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
I should've cleared my head before approaching The forum
For help
I don't think many of us did that

How are you feeling today?

xx