Notices

4th Day Check-In -Some Revelations

Old 07-05-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4th Day Check-In -Some Revelations

Today is my fourth day abstinent. I am feeling both nervous and excited. I have been on vacation from work and spending my days cleaning and organizing my house which helps distract me. It is amazing how productive I can be when I am not sitting around drinking. I am realizing just how unmotivated the alcohol made me (hence the accumulations of junk in my house that I have been cleaning out).
The other revelation I have had is how intricately tied my overeating has been to consuming alcohol. I may be an odd one in this sense but when I was drinking I would constantly eat to "tame the buzz". I never liked it when my drinking would result in slurring or words or trouble ambulating so I was almost always sure to eat when consuming. Believe me, when you are drinking for many hours this amount to a lot of calories being consumed (both from the alcohol and the food used to soak it up). Needless to say, after years of doing this I have a considerable amount of weight to lose. Trying not to get discouraged about this or beat myself up.
These past 4 days my appetite has been normal and it has been so easy to just eat an appropriate amount of food. I am even eating the healthy variety! So grateful for this.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job. Congrats on 4 days and making it through the 4th. You got this.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing really well, so yeah, don't beat yourself up. Pat yourself on the back and keep on moving forward.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great work man! I quit July 1 so I'm right there with you.

I was a big time binge eater almost every night I drank (which was 90% of nights). I never wanted a hang over, so my solution was to drink a six pack as fast as I could... Get as f-ed up as I could on that... and then eat for the rest of the night...

I seldom had knock out, drag out hangovers, but I'm overweight and towards the end noticed myself waking up in the middle of night throwing up in my mouth.

AWESOME! Yeah... I started running again yesterday hoping to distract myself with that.

Good work man... We are getting there!!!

Old 07-05-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good job! Keep on keepin' on.