Notices

TaaDaaa it's day 2 y'all!!!

Old 07-05-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

TaaDaaa it's day 2 y'all!!!

Good morning all!! I made it through the night only waking once so I'll count that as a nearly full 8 hrs of sleep (is this real life?!?). Feel a bit more ambitious today, may venture from my bed to the couch (wooo hooo for big adventures!!!). Definitely going to take a shower and attempt a chore or two but for the most part I'm going to keep it simple. I need to buy some better food, as the apple I ate yesterday probably didn't cut it in terms nutritious eating. I did, however, take some vitamins and drank as much water as I could stand.
Anyone have any suggestions of foods/drinks that helped them replenish their bodies?
How is everyone else doing/feeling today?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations. I might suggest an easy does it approach as perhaps you are. I found that when the desire to drink commanded my attention I was either thirsty and or had a need for sweets as a replacement for the alcohol that the body misses. BE WELL
Old 07-05-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Visch1 thank you for your response and advice! I'm actually recovering from pill use, never been much of a drinker, a glass of wine here or there but that's it. I was thinking more along the lines of juices or nutrient rich foods...I suppose I can just stick with fruit as that's what's appealing right now...but certainly more than one apple which was the case yesterday. I also read somewhere B6 and something called L-tyrosine were good for getting energy levels back up. Any one tried this combo to get over the lazies?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations I've read a lot about people taking vitamin B supplements but haven't tried it myself. I would agree with visch with regards to the sweets they are definitely helping me with the cravings. Sweet soft drinks are helping as well. Stay strong and good luck.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Haylee

I just ate as well as I could, got some rest, didn't push it, and took a multi-vitamin. Pretty basic common sense stuff for me

D
Old 07-05-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Hayle!

I would suggest you eat what ever sounds good right now...just getting something down is a good idea.

Tuna, although not politically correct, is a good thing in early days. Just make some tuna salad. I also like smoked oysters ...I'm not big on nutrietian, but I think it gets you some protein and replentishing our protien is usually important as we don't often eat much of that when using.

Good luck and hang in there (hug)
Old 07-05-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice Ananda! Unfortunately unless it's in sushi or seared tuna steak, tuna is on my list of blech foods lol. I totally agree with you about the protein though, I have some chicken and picked up some eggs, apple juice, kefir, apples and various fruits and such to make smoothies if I find the energy (just going to the store really sapped it out of me!) I did get a number of supplements including the B's (B6 & B12) potassium, magnesium, L-Tyrosine & turmeric. I'll let y'all know how that works out lol.
I was thinking (as I said earlier) that I'd venture to the couch but I'm shocked at the energy it took for me just to go to the store! I feel like a sloth!! But seriously how much energy does it take to move to the couch...get a grip Haylee!!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow I just wanted to give a little update, not sure if it's attributed to the L-Tyrosine, but after my sloth feeling after the trip to the store I found myself quite bright and energized. I took a good shower, did some laundry, watched a movie, read some of my book, played with my amazing dog and just overall had an almost cheery disposition I didn't expect to see for weeks, let alone after just 48 hours.
I really hope this isn't some sort of practical joke from my body, or a higher power because that would be really mean. Is it possible to feel this way so soon? Or, am I counting my chickens before they hatch?
I know everyone is different but everything I read online really scared the you know what out of me. I know the daily 80mg OC's may not win the "person with the highest daily drug ingestion" award (God I hope there is no such award...talk about being bass ackwards). But, I also don't think it was something to sneeze at (until now, usually 6 times in a row...how annoying lol).
Anyway, anyone with any input on this, their experience etc. would be awesome!
Old 07-05-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Haylee View Post
Good morning all!! I made it through the night only waking once so I'll count that as a nearly full 8 hrs of sleep (is this real life?!?). Feel a bit more ambitious today, may venture from my bed to the couch (wooo hooo for big adventures!!!). Definitely going to take a shower and attempt a chore or two but for the most part I'm going to keep it simple. I need to buy some better food, as the apple I ate yesterday probably didn't cut it in terms nutritious eating. I did, however, take some vitamins and drank as much water as I could stand.
Anyone have any suggestions of foods/drinks that helped them replenish their bodies?
How is everyone else doing/feeling today?
Oh I adore your bubbliness, its fun to see on here. Congrats on making it to another day sober. I agree, take things slow and easy right now. Water and vitamins are a great start!!! Welcome to the forum btw.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2! Day 3 here, I found Gatorade helped me and bananas. I was given some Valium yesterday though to ease the withdrawals, im off it now, it really did help massively and bring back my appetite so I could at least give my body some fuel.

Good luck