Notices

It gets better-even on the bad days

Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It gets better-even on the bad days

So, just checking in and wanted to add that things are going pretty good. I've been going to my AA meetings every day, sometimes during my lunch break and others during the evenings. Still not sleeping at all, but as I've been down this path before, I know its coming in the future.

I definitely feel so much better being sober now, and am excited to feel my body and mind healing. But, it's scary how things can make me want to throw it all away so fast. Last weekend, I had $5 bucks on me left until this week's pay day and out of the blue, I thought, well why not go to the corner store and grab something? Instead, I subconsciously walked to an AA meeting and walked away from it so grateful and in a much better place. Last night when I left work, it was raining, and I got in my car and it wouldn't start. I asked a few people at work for help and everyone said they were too busy and had to go right home. So I walked home, got wet and was surprisingly laughing at the situation. I ended up walking back to the car and fixing it on the street. I drove to a meeting immediately. Once again, felt great about how things came together.

A friend of my once said something regarding cold winter weather that sort of relates here I think: "A rainy day in Florida is better than a cold sunny day here". If I could re-write it to relate to my sober days, I'd say: A bad day now is better than my best days while drinking.

All the best everyone.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm glad to hear your making the right decisions in difficult situations .

When my thinking turned from "oh fiddlesticks i'm going to drink" into "oh fiddlesticks i'm going to stay sober, however i can, whatever happens " it was a big change for me .

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-03-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sounds like you've got the situation well in hand.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RunningRaces View Post
So, just checking in and wanted to add that things are going pretty good. I've been going to my AA meetings every day, sometimes during my lunch break and others during the evenings. Still not sleeping at all, but as I've been down this path before, I know its coming in the future.

I definitely feel so much better being sober now, and am excited to feel my body and mind healing. But, it's scary how things can make me want to throw it all away so fast. Last weekend, I had $5 bucks on me left until this week's pay day and out of the blue, I thought, well why not go to the corner store and grab something? Instead, I subconsciously walked to an AA meeting and walked away from it so grateful and in a much better place. Last night when I left work, it was raining, and I got in my car and it wouldn't start. I asked a few people at work for help and everyone said they were too busy and had to go right home. So I walked home, got wet and was surprisingly laughing at the situation. I ended up walking back to the car and fixing it on the street. I drove to a meeting immediately. Once again, felt great about how things came together.

A friend of my once said something regarding cold winter weather that sort of relates here I think: "A rainy day in Florida is better than a cold sunny day here". If I could re-write it to relate to my sober days, I'd say: A bad day now is better than my best days while drinking.

All the best everyone.
That's my experience as well. Keep at it !!

Have you met MIRecovery at meetings in your area yet ??

All the best.

Bob R