Notices

I'm loving being sober

Old 07-02-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm loving being sober

Today the family and I went swimming. After we went to a bar and grill. Normally I'd have gotten a nice a shiner draft. I felt a twinge of wanting one (you know, just one like old times...I could always have just one or just three, but that would always lead to one way or another to a future night of hitting six and waking up feeling like crap). I stayed strong.

I'm loving my new longboard...learning something new is awesome. I nailed the **** out of my ankle with the board tonight, but it still won't hurt as much as anxiety would in the morning if I was still drinking. I have no idea how long I will go without drinking...I just know I'm not drinking this week or next and will shoot for forever. I told the wife yesterday morning that this is the single best thing I've ever done in my life (other than marrying hermand having the kids)

The three or four busted blood vessels on my nose are clearing up...my BP was a respectable 129/71 today at lunch, which is much better than the past 150s/80s when I was drinking.

I won't be able to count the days on two hands tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is so inspiring!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Really glad you're going well! It's great to read such an inspiring, positive post. Keep up the good work CFD!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome! What a fantastic post. I'm on day 3 now and it really does feel GOOD. I still had trouble falling asleep but the sleep I got was fantastic!!!

The best part is, I stayed sober despite a knock-out, drag-out argument with the wife. Can't say it wouldn't have hit the spot but I feel "cleaner".

Woohoo! Keep the great posts coming!
CK
Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

just keep going, it gets so much better. i promise
Old 07-03-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're doing so well.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats to you!! The small victories always feel SO good!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome! I'm loving it too! I was afraid of life without alcohol for nothing! It's so much better in so many ways
Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds really good, CFD!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
I'm really glad to hear that you're feeling better...
I bet your family is glad to have you "back" too

All the best,

Linda
Old 07-03-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Crossfitdad View Post
Today the family and I went swimming. After we went to a bar and grill. Normally I'd have gotten a nice a shiner draft. I felt a twinge of wanting one (you know, just one like old times...I could always have just one or just three, but that would always lead to one way or another to a future night of hitting six and waking up feeling like crap). I stayed strong.

I'm loving my new longboard...learning something new is awesome. I nailed the **** out of my ankle with the board tonight, but it still won't hurt as much as anxiety would in the morning if I was still drinking. I have no idea how long I will go without drinking...I just know I'm not drinking this week or next and will shoot for forever. I told the wife yesterday morning that this is the single best thing I've ever done in my life (other than marrying hermand having the kids)

The three or four busted blood vessels on my nose are clearing up...my BP was a respectable 129/71 today at lunch, which is much better than the past 150s/80s when I was drinking.

I won't be able to count the days on two hands tomorrow.
Well done sir!!! You should hold your high and be proud of the progress you are making.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Kids love a sober dad

Good work
Old 07-03-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Damn guys, the BP just keeps normalizing...today it was 125/71. I thought I was gonna need BP meds if it kept up. I'm going to south texas tomorrow to visit family. I'm gonna sneak away for a few hours for some surf fishing - wish me luck.