Notices

Looking for help

Old 07-02-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for help

Hello
This is my first time on this site. I am looking for help/support/advise, etc with my addiction to smoking crack. I started my addiction about 5-6 years ago, and I have already been arrested 3 times and am currently on probation for a DUI. I have another DUI court date next week The first time I was arrested was 4 years ago and completed a two year probation. I was in rehab for the first arrest and stayed clean for about 7 months. I got away with many dirty urines throughout those two years of probation. I am so afraid that I might go to jail for the 2nd dUI but I continue to use. I feel hopeless and really need some help. I am going to a meeting tonight, and plan on attending as many meetings as possible. I was ordered to go to drug treatment and DUI classes. I don't want to violate my probation. My license was revoked for 14 months and If I don't go to meetings, therapy, DUI classes, etc. I will violate. It's not easy to get around without a vehicle. The mail box is a mile away and with having COPD, I can't walk that far or ride a bike that far. There is no bus service close by...at least 10 miles from where I live. Sorry this is so long, but I am very scared of not being able to stop and going to jail. I am 60 years old living with my mother as her care taker. There are very few people that can drive us around.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello terrie - welcome to SR. You found a great place for support.

I don't have experience with crack but others will. You may want to take a look at our Substance Abuse forum at some point. It's good that you've reached out - I think you'll find it relieves your anxiety to be here.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! I have no experience with crack but others will come along who know more about it. I'm glad you joined us!!