Notices

omg just shoot me now

Old 07-02-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

omg just shoot me now

after 30+ days sober I yet again fell of the proverbial wagon. A girl at work, who does not know my troubles, offered me a bottle of homemade wine and me being the stupid idiot took it. I drank the entire thing and decided I needed more so I went to the store and got some beer and am now on my 6th beer. Oh yes and I drove to the store and somewhat remember banging into something (scared to go look at the damage). I just pray it wasn't a person. I have to work in two hours and have no idea how I am going to function. I work in the ER and we are already short, have no idea what I am going to do. I keep telling myself this is going to be the last beer but I can't stop. Why do I have to be such a moron and drink. I was doing so freaking good and BAMN done!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't drive! Whatever you do! Call in to work, seriously. You have to forgive yourself in time, but right now, you need to call in and deal with whatever happens. Please don't drive, that will make a bad situation all the worse!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please don't drive, as that will endanger others and yourself. Now is the time to deal with the situation, and stop drinking. We are here for support. God Bless you.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whatever you do about work, please don't drive.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The last thing any ER needs in July is a drunken employee....who drives to work.

don't be foolish and risk your license, your job and the chance that you could do harm to someone innocent.

(in July everyone is NEW, some doctors were medical students in June)
Old 07-02-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

call in sick. i presume if you turn up drunk to work in an ER you can be fired on the spot? hell, i worked in an office and that was the policy there.

hide your car keys. pour the booze away and get some sleep. you can work all of this out with a sober head tomorrow. it's a slip, you can start the fight again tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have called in sick. Six cups of coffee in an hour and I am still drunk to say the least. I am just so disappointed in myself that I cannot seem to get rid of this demon, just when you think you have it beat, it grabs you once again. I so hate my life right now! I know its the alcohol and tomorrow is a new day, but right now, not like life so much.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You made the right choice! Glad you took the day off. Remember that tomorrow IS a new day and a new start. Just wipe this off and don't let it detour you from still moving ahead. Alcohol never does any good for anyone, especially us alcoholics that can't control when we drink. Stay strong and pray. God will help you get through it. I've had many days like yours and I feel your pain.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you are an alcoholic like me you won't get rid of the demon but you can learn to live with it.

If you work in a hospital you certainly have seen the effects of untreated alcoholism. I hope you see them in yourself.

The only treatment i ever found that worked for me was/is Alcoholics Anonymous.

All the best.

Bob R (near Windsor, ON)
Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Not only do you have a problem with drinking, you have a problem with drinking and driving. I've done it and I'm not proud of that fact, but I was lucky never to have injured or killed anyone and I hope you are too. If you don't get this under control, you may end up living with unbearable regret and guilt for the rest of your life, both while you're in and after you get out of jail. You do not want to get tangled up in the legal system; it can bankrupt you.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just call in sick to work. This might be a time to start with some positive actions in your life or just some time to think at least. You could try looking into SOS: secular organizations for sobriety. I found it to be helpful and the best part is that it's not religious like AA. Wish you the best.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Thank you for calling in sick.....

..... after all, you are sick, right? Alcoholism is a sickness and you really need to convince yourself that you have it BAD!

It sounds to me like you have a choice to make.... to drink or not to drink.

For me, I know if I take that first drink it will be GAME ON!!

Please dispose of whatever beer you have left and get some sleep. When you wake up with the hangover you are going to have, JUST DON'T DRINK.

Good Luck with day 1.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

" I drove to the store and somewhat remember banging into something (scared to go look at the damage). I just pray it wasn't a person."

So do I !!!
I will join the others in telling you to call in sick and not drive no matter what.
Go to bed and sleep it off, tomorrow is a new day.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you for not driving and not going to work. You might have to explain yourself later but it would have been really bad to go to work drunk especially if you work in ER. I almost died in Nov I wouldnt have wanted someone drunk attending me I might have died. Dont hate yourself or your life, get some sleep things will look better in the AM. And next time someone brings you homemade wine tell them to bring it back home u r allergic
Old 07-02-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I, also, am glad you made the decision to stay home.

Let this be the day that you change your life.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad too.

I hope you decide to make this a turning point bndb

I dunno what you've been doing for your recovery, but maybe it's time to think about adding some more stuff to it?

D