SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   34 days (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/299648-34-days.html)

Acheleus 07-02-2013 08:36 AM

34 days

34 days and glad I didn't drink last night because I woke up this morning and got my oil changed. So now I am starting my tour of state parks around where I live. Maybe this sobriety thing really will change my life. I hope everyone is getting ready for a great 4th of July!

SnwFlower 07-02-2013 08:39 AM

Cool Beans Acheleus!! Yay 34 days! Very proud of you SR friend! :)

trikyriky 07-02-2013 08:52 AM

Hey man , your so fine your so fine you blow my mind. Keep up the good work. Awesome

Soberpotamus 07-02-2013 08:56 AM

Very nice :) Enjoy the tour. Can't wait to hear about your adventures...

Olive1 07-02-2013 09:17 AM

All kinds of awesomeness!!!
:)

mecanix 07-02-2013 10:15 AM

34 Wooo :You_Rock_

m

Dee74 07-02-2013 02:55 PM

keep it going Acheleus :)

D

Acheleus 07-02-2013 05:16 PM

Well I went to a second meeting and this time it was a lot less crowded. A guy there for probation I guess said to the guy next to me, " I am not holding your hand me, no way." The negative energy in the room really bothered me because earlier I was at a state park wading in a river and walking on trails. At one point I sat by a creek and just watched some mosquito hawks and listened to the birds and felt very grateful to be alive on this planet. So I think I will commune with nature everyday and maybe go to meetings. I want to go out tonight and I am bored so I guess I will go walking. Why in the hell do I still want to drink? I think going out drinking is the only way I can meet a girlfriend. I cannot even talk to girls now for some reason. Soon I have to go back to class and teach, so I want to party some while I still I can. It does feel good to be free of cigarettes. Who knew they smelled so bad?

trikyriky 07-03-2013 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Acheleus (Post 4048480)
so I want to party some while I still I can.

Am I reading this right , you want to do what ?

Nuudawn 07-03-2013 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Acheleus (Post 4048480)
I think going out drinking is the only way I can meet a girlfriend.

As you get to know yourself (things like realizing you are a country boy at heart), you will grow more comfortable with yourself and self esteem and confidence is inevitable. You wanna meet any girl..or one you have something in common with and can relate to? Well, unless you know yourself and who you are and what you like...who will you relate with? Believe me, most of my relationships started in an alcoholic stupor...with another terrified individual who hated themselves too and hid behind their own addictions.

Breathe Ache...just breathe. You and I have been at this just over a month...and well, getting to know yourself and others takes time. Let someone know the REAL you.

To steal and mangle a line from an old movie..

"Build it...she will come".

Anna 07-03-2013 05:07 PM

I bet it will change your life.

Enjoy your sight-seeing!