Notices

Class of July 2013

Old 07-15-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Hi All: Day two for me. Trying to keep my spirits up and feeling good about my decision to quit drink and smoking (although I am using an e-cig).

K
Old 07-15-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hello July class,
I'm new here and like what I see so far, figured if there's room in the classroom ill pull up a seat. I'm on day 28 and feeling positive for the most part although I have fallen 6 times so far this year. I'd like to make this quit date stick and build a better life booze free.
Ando.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Debinsky,
I hate myself for not having control.
Who DOES have control??? All we can do is make the right decision at the moment. I think it is very hard to accept that we all have a pre-disposition toward addiction. We didn't ask for it, and there are a million ways to "deal" with it, but most lead to death.

Unlike cancer, or diabetes which are undeniable, alcoholism (and other addictions) cannot be positively "diagnosed" so we tend to believe "will" plays a part. It doesn't. The only thing that helps here is acceptance and action. ...and this requires work and belief.

Why are 1000s of us here on this site? To support one another.

Don't beat yourself up, but DO "act yourself into a new way of thinking and discard the notion that you can "think yourself into a new way of acting".
Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

ando68 and kellyg. This is a great support group! Glad you are here.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi All,

I'm frustrated to say that I'm back on Day 1. I had 10 dry days until Saturday night when I caved. I had been doing great up until that point and then I'm AV just took over and gave me no chance. It was night #3 of colleagues visiting from all over and we had dinner at a pub. Somehow I gave in without too much of a fight, flushing 10 sober days away with a night full of beer. Had a few more yesterday as a way of dealing with the guilt and so here I am, closing out yet another Day 1. I think it was probably just too soon for this high-risk environment - I shouldn't have set myself up like that. Worst of all, my wife is equally disappointed in me and barely talking to me. I feel so incredibly low at the moment. Things will get better but I can't deal with another Day 1 again. I'd better get it right this time.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Oh SoberMarathon (since this is the place where I get honest) You are not alone: I am on Day 0 again. After all the excitement of the family left I gave in to a scotch (not much) but it all counts. I will be glad to get back to my regular AA morning meetings tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Yep...I need to get to a meeting too. I really think it will be easier the next month or so it's I have no traveling planned until late September. If I can get some serious sobriety in up until then, maybe I'll make it. All I know is that I truly hate living this way and want to change my ways. I had a taste of sobriety leading up to Saturdays relapse and I was feeling really good. Now I feel horrible again. It's just not worth the pain anymore.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hello - 7 days down tomorrow... (tried in May, managed 8 days, went on holiday, thought I could moderate..yadda yadda yadda)
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Sober marathon 8 drank on Saturday too and my H not speaking to me back to day 1 , it sucks.... We head on holiday on Friday if he lets me come. I am really hoping the change of scene will help .... We get back on 3 rd aug so I could potentially get three weeks behind me and get out of this weekly cycle
Old 07-15-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

How is everyone? Its 6 am Day 3. Bad night. I can't drink normally so its not an option. Thats on loop in my head..
Old 07-15-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Just had a screaming temper tantrum with myself in the car. Found a great "deal" on my favorite wine, made an excuse to go to the store without my daughter to get it. Stopped to get gas and felt a cool breeze on my face and it reminded me of how nice it is to feel peaceful, clear...and sober. I made the turn to buy the wine, but turned right around and screamed at myself the whole way home. Why do I keep wanting to drink when all it does is stifle me and make me feel badly? Why do I have this godawful addiction? Why do I keep relapsing when I know how great I feel sober? Why can't I just stick with it once and for all?
So I came home, hopped right on SR and decided to post. I'm MAD...like a little baby who wants something and can't have it. So now my daughter is coming with me to another store and I know I am safe. Why does this have to be so hard? And even more than that, why have I given up so much sober time over and over again when I know it only gets easier and once I relapse I'm back to square one.
Sorry for my rambling, but you are the only people I know who can relate and won't think I'm an absolute crazy person.
This is an older post but I'm quoting it b/c I relate abolsultely to it. It just sucks.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 16 and finally feel like the moodiness is getting better. If I can just stay strong and keep telling AV to go to ****! Hubby is going away for the day on Friday, which is a big trigger. He works from home so, on the rare occasion when he has to travel, I feel like a kid in the candy store. Oh well, it does me no good to worry about 4 days from now.

Hope you are all having a good Monday! To those who have slipped, try to learn something from it and keep trying! This is not easy, but we can do it
Old 07-15-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hey Ladybug2,

I've got the same prob coming up. My folks will be away at the weekend, and usually this is when I can really let loose. I don't want to drink tho! Hope I make it through!

Good luck to you
Old 07-15-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Lady, I am the same way! When I travel for work that was my me time and I would take pills and drink.
I have a trip in 10 days and am going to do something better with my time and money! Maybe a pedi or shopping.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sicknote View Post
Hey Ladybug2,

I've got the same prob coming up. My folks will be away at the weekend, and usually this is when I can really let loose. I don't want to drink tho! Hope I make it through!

Good luck to you
Thanks, sicknote. Good luck to you, too! Let's help each other
Old 07-15-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katt1825 View Post
Lady, I am the same way! When I travel for work that was my me time and I would take pills and drink.
I have a trip in 10 days and am going to do something better with my time and money! Maybe a pedi or shopping.
That's a good attitude, Katt!

When my husband goes away I look at it as "me time" also. Don't get too many of those anymore I know what will happen if I drink, though. One or two glasses of wine will turn into a bottle (or 2) and then my husband will come home around dinner time and smell it on me. Trust will be broken, again, not to mention the disappointment, etc and will have to start over, yet again. No thanks, AV!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hi guys , sheeeze! What a hot day here + 95. I Just Got In Out Of That Sun , AV Thinks We Should Get High , I Got 4 Days In , No Way I'm Blowing It . Shower , food , SR and bed.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm back on day 2... My 3rd attempt in 3 weeks. From my latest slip I have finally confirmed to myself that there are 2 people that I definitely cannot be around... My ex and my best friend. I'ts going to be difficult but I now know what I have to do. I will be sticking close to SR and keeping myself busy by doing things that keep me healthy and make me really happy. Love and best wishes to everyone here at Class of July.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Hi July peeps,

Can't recall if I joined this class or not a couple of weeks ago, had been hanging in the June class.

For the sake of brevity, my current 'state' is described in my Newcomers thread 'Went back to rehab'....in particular, the most recent long post 'Disappointing update'.

Haven't yet had a chance to read through all the July posts, but will try to catch up on where you're all at later in the day.

Blessings
Vic
Old 07-15-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

What a stupid thought to have a drink today. We are really not in control of this.

I just thought up all sorts of ways to wreck my life by running out to get a drink; that is NOT normal.

Anyway, I didn't so am sitting here with a diet coke....