Notices

Gone from great being sober to great being drunk!

Old 06-30-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

I know i can give up because i did 69 days last year and 17 days this year

If I understand correctly, you drank 296 days last year with 69 sober. We are heading into the 7 month of this year and you have 17 total days sober. If you do the math, the odds are against you. Sounds like you are alcohol dependent. Welcome, sounds like you found the right place for help.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
It is the epitome of addiction...
Wanted to add an excerpt from a book I'm reading...

"I have trusted the voice of addiction to guide me; I have made it the absolute in my life, the one thing I trusted and knew to be true. I have tried, again and again, to turn my addictions into a spiritual source. Addiction failed me, as it fails us all. Its clear voice turned out to be nothing more than the voice of my own fear. The source of guidance and comfort it seemed to be were false at best, deadly at worst."
Old 06-30-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dont think i could ever be without drinking totally. I have to many good times and plus i really enjoy it and its the only time me and my best pals all get together and have a right old laugh! I'm so dull and feel so un enthusiastic when im stone cold sober.
I felt this way. It kept me drinking. I nearly died.
If I'd have continued to listen to that voice I wouldn't have the life I have now, Mark.

Addictions great at planting that seed of doubt - it will tell you that you can;t, that lifes not bad how it is, that you'll lose out by becoming sober.

Thats BS.

We have tens of thousands of regular posters here Mark - tens of thousands of examples of good happy lives after drinking.

listen to them - not your addiction.
D
Old 07-01-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great words from you all. Tryin to figure out where i go from here. I will be back soon i'm sure of it. In the meantime i am unfortunatley gonna drink. I will re focus im sure. Add me to your prayers and i will be eternally grateful.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You may think you are dull and unexciting sober... but just imagine what people truly think of you when you are obnoxious and rude while drunk. They may not tell you now... but they think it. I promise.

Like another person said, I think you should hang around... read.... educate yourself and see who you are. Maybe abstinence will rub off on you. I so wanted to moderate... I couldn't do it. It doesn't sound like you can either. That is alcoholism for you.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Best of luck RJY6. Hopefully the damage to your life from this point forward will be limited to the social behaviours and things you are currently doing, because things will get worse - that's a guarantee. The only question is how long it will take them to get worse.

Also would like to point out that in your original post yesterday, you were going to limit your drinking to weekends and your next drink would be on Friday. In your last post you said you were going to drink - does that mean right now today? If so that should be a pretty good indicator of the state of your drinking if you can't even keep the promise to yourself for 24 hours.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Be safe out there and bookmark this page. I have a feeling you'll be back. Hopefully the ass whooping alcohol will give you won't be bad enough to destroy you but just enough to make you realize that drinking is not an option.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RJY9 View Post
Ok so i have had 6 cans today and said i wasnt going to. All of this based on that one silly glass of wine on Friday. Ended up getting pretty wasted on Friday and did the usual, talked about things i shouldnt have, probablly offended a few people, chatted to real nasty people who i wouldnt never usually asscoiate with ever! Took drugs (which seems to be a common thing with me nowa days when my alcohol levels hit a certain level), felt **** and now driking again. I am going to keep coming back on here because it gives me a huge comfort and im glad i found this site. Ive tried AA but i cannot stand being there its just not for me. I'm going to really try to just drink on weekends so after today my next day drinking will be next Friday. I did 17 days so im parying i can make it till next Fri even tho i only made it to Sunday from drinking Friday! Scary stuff the alcohol is. Its a real pain in the ass!!
For rehab centers near you call 888) 935-1055
Old 07-01-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hoping no harm will come to you RJY. Don't forget us - we'll be here.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I appreciate your post because you remind me so much of myself. I made tons of deals with myself regarding the drinking. Those deals tended to help me feel I can be like everyone else (it seemed). For me, however, I always ended up breaking those deals. I didn't have this forum, though (having only joined today). I've come back at least 4x today, and got so much out of reading people's posts, including your own. I wish you the best and, yeah, I agree completely with you when you say "scary stuff the alcohol is." I hope I never forget that.