Notices

Hello SR!

Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hello SR!

Hi there everyone

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and to let you know I have been sober for just over 5 months and life has changed quite a bit for me - I now live somewhere else (I don't think I am allowed to live in my house, although I am welcome to visit), I was in hospital for a few weeks (I tried to hang myself and had an anoxic episode - I don't recall any of this, but this is what they say happened) and ... I'm not sure what else.

Anyway, the major pluses are 1. the urge to drink just doesn't happen 2. I finally quit smoking a couple of months ago, after 22 years of it 3. I feel safe and relatively secure 4. my daughter is doing great 5. people still talk to me - lol!

I have been going to 3 - 4 AA meetings a week from the end of January onwards and I am soooo glad it has been there. I am going to one this evening and then have work in the morning. All good.

So, wanted to say hi to anyone who remembers me and to say that, for me, I finally got sober and am staying sober

to everyone here. xx
Old 06-30-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
True strength lies within

Hi feeling good,,, sounds like you are well on your way to a better life.. i love reading posts with people who have overcome so much.. so much more than me.. gives me hope that i too.. can overcome this horrible addiction.. fantastic job ..hope to be where you are in 5 months
Old 06-30-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your accomplishments! You're doing it...yay!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wonderful..how nice to hear about your recovery and its positives!! Thank you.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time and here's to many more sober days.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by feeling-good View Post
Hi there everyone

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and to let you know I have been sober for just over 5 months and life has changed quite a bit for me - I now live somewhere else (I don't think I am allowed to live in my house, although I am welcome to visit), I was in hospital for a few weeks (I tried to hang myself and had an anoxic episode - I don't recall any of this, but this is what they say happened) and ... I'm not sure what else.

Anyway, the major pluses are 1. the urge to drink just doesn't happen 2. I finally quit smoking a couple of months ago, after 22 years of it 3. I feel safe and relatively secure 4. my daughter is doing great 5. people still talk to me - lol!

I have been going to 3 - 4 AA meetings a week from the end of January onwards and I am soooo glad it has been there. I am going to one this evening and then have work in the morning. All good.

So, wanted to say hi to anyone who remembers me and to say that, for me, I finally got sober and am staying sober

to everyone here. xx
That's great feeling-good:

Your story is a lot like mine. After a little while in AA I didn't want to drink any more and didn't want to shoot myself either.

I thought it was a huge step forward, when times got tough, that I wanted to shoot someone else .... not me

Keep going to the meetings. Things will continue to improve and the Promises will come to pass.

All the best.

Bob R ( a Ross in Canada)
Old 06-30-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations

D
Old 10-25-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello again everyone!

It's been just over 9 months sober now for me so that's good.

On the negative side, my memory retention and recall is appalling and the longer I am sober, the more I am noticing it! For example, I logged on here today; I was thinking to myself, I haven't been on SR since last year, it would be good to read a couple of things that folks are saying. I couldn't remember the protocol of my user name, so got that emailed to me and set up my password again. So far, nothing too strange, right? But then, after a while, I went to My Posts and found this one and I have ABSOLUTELY NO recollection of writing this post whatsoever. Now, had I been drinking I would have understood that! But it is unsettling that I simply have no memory whatsoever of writing this post or reading your responses....

I am awaiting a psychologist appointment that will hopefully help with this and I have a follow-up appointment on Monday afternoon with the consultant in charge of my post-near hanging incident so I will definitely print this as an example of the difficulties I have been having.

I don't really have any questions or anything, although any-one who can give their ESH on this would be more than welcome!

I am 'happy' to give time time, but how much time is reasonable? lol