Notices

27th 28th 29th june 2013 weekender

Old 06-29-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Lifebeginsat41 day 23

Thanks for the merge Dee , i always feel guilty posting on one thread and not the other if there is more than one around . cutting and pasting ones own posts would seem a bit self reguarding ...

Taking mum shopping today as per usual , i'm just pottering about . Hoping i win the lotto tonight so i don't have to back to work on monday .

Glad to hear Mrs Non is on the mend .

Bestwishes, m

P.S. happy sober birthday LSC1 that's wonderful

Last edited by mecanix; 06-29-2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: added P.S.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Happy birthday LSC!! and Mecanix I won the lottery last night!!!! £6.80 wow :-)
Old 06-29-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy Birthday LSC1!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello to all on this Sober Saturday! Went for a long drive last night and out to eat with bf. It was interesting as went through town my ex-husband living in so stirred up some thoughts. Probably is related to fact that he is also selling the house we lived together in for quite awhile when our son born. I'm determined not to linger and be happy that I am picking my son up today from his summer engineering camp and finally get to spend some time with him! I lift my cup of coffee to you this morning as I am grateful for another Saturday when I don't have to regret what I did the night before.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Oh yes, it's Saturday. Hmmmm. What's going to happen?

I've found that it's easiest to stay sober if I actually plan things to do, rather than just sit around the house or sit around other people's houses, which was basically all I did while drinking.

There will definitely be an AA meeting for me today. Tonight I'll ask a friend to join me for some sober fun that might include a movie or a night at the theater, perhaps a music concert.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well, old habits die hard, that's for sure...this morning brought that little (not so much) shocker. Yesterday was a bit of a bitch with a lot of work stress and then I got home to a nasty, nasty email from my alcoholic mother.

She has been somewhat decent about accepting that I no longer drink and am in AA but I know she's never accepted it. So last night I get an email from her basically asking why, out of an entire family of people who can handle their alcohol (i.e. an entire family of drunks who mostly have been accepted as alcoholics because it's just always been the way it is and everyone else is drunk so, really, why judge?), I have to go and be the village idiot and be an alcoholic? And by village idiot, I mean literally. My mom and that side of my family are from Italy and literally live in a small village where everyone essentially drinks all day. My mom lives here now and has for most of her life but she still relates as though she were there. So what's my problem, right? What's up with my jacked-up genetics?

Grrr. Luckily I had just come from both yoga and a meeting so I was somewhat centered both physically and emotionally but, still, that email made me want to chew rocks.

So this morning I was still agitated as hell and found myself, at 9AM, in front of the open fridge looking...looking...for something...

Oh, right! I was standing there looking for part of a bottle of wine maybe left over from the night before or perhaps a beer someone missed. Took me a minute or two to realize why exactly I was standing in front of the fridge with a cup of coffee and trying to find something but then it dawned on me that this was my regular way of dealing with stress "before." Where's the wine? Where's the beer?

So, yeah, no wine or booze in there and I hope I wouldn't have touched it if there was but wow, habits die hard.

Hopefully my Saturday will be getting better. Going to hit up a meeting tonight and, in the meantime, I think I am going to go shopping. A little retail therapy is definitely in order Shoes instead of booze or whatever...

Thanks for listening to my weekender rant, guys Be back later and hopefully happier...
Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Ptcapote hope you have a great time with your retail therapy and this post really helped me so thank you for sharing. Really appreciate it.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Pt ,
shoes not booze could become a new mantra

As for other people judging your decision to be sober, they haven't experienced the life you have . I try to be very clear myself on what are my problems and what are other peoples problems .
i had / have to be thorough on such stuff because mum tried to guilt trip me over being gay and her not having grandchildren ...

Stay strong , m
Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

ok, struggling a bit here. hubby is out on the lash. my lizard brain keeps telling me nobody would know if i went and bought some wine and drank it after my daughter has gone to bed, as hubby won't smell booze on me if he's been drinking.

i won't do it, but my god it's hard. help!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post
ok, struggling a bit here. hubby is out on the lash. my lizard brain keeps telling me nobody would know if i went and bought some wine and drank it after my daughter has gone to bed, as hubby won't smell booze on me if he's been drinking.

If I was in your position Ippochick I'd ether (a) go to bed or (b) do a job that needs doing like clearing out the kitchen cupboards with the radio on and sing along to it.

I know you will stay strong Ipp!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post

This sounds like me today, ippochick. Hubby will have a few tonight too so AV keeps telling me same thing, grrr. We can do it!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Go back and read your original post on SR, ippochick. I often have to do that with myself and even though it makes me cringe, it also brings me right back to where I was and how I was feeling when I wrote it.

As I am certain many here will attest, as hard as it is to keep going forward, it feels a heck of a lot worse to go backwards and then have to start over again.

Each and every day that you say "no" is one day closer to freedom. And one day it will likely cease to bother you at all. I can't imagine living with someone who drinks so I have a ton of admiration for you. But you can do this...remember...forward!!

((Hugs) and lots of good vibes to you!!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hope you manage to stay strong tonight ippochick. I'd probably be thinking exactly the same if I were in your shoes, I used to drink quite a bit on my own as I knew no one was there to judge me or notice how much id actually had. Will be nice to wake up not hungover tomorrow though unlike your husband!!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

We'd all know now ippochick ,
So you can't possibly do it !

Think how much fun it will be tomorow with a nice clear sober head to be able to crash and clatter pans or make loud noises round the hubby

Re-discovering early sober mornings was one of the gifts of my sobriety .

Stay strong , m
Old 06-29-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

thanks all. i went back and read my first post on SR, and all the supportive messages i got.

i won't go back there, i can't. as long as you can put up with me waffling on on here, i'll be stubborn and dig my heels in and refuse to give in.

now, where did i leave that ice cream??

Old 06-29-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Did someone mention Waffles and Ice-Cream? I'm there! Haagan Daaz Gelato is on sale here 2/$5.00!

made a quick shrimp sauté with EVOO and the last bit of butter, baby spinach...white clam sauce and some little bow-ties. I was going through my freezer and found 1/2 bag of raw frozen shrimp...bit of freezer burn, but perfectly good revived in some clam sauce.

Heading to the beach tomorrow, my daughter lives there, bringing lots of "treats" for her to cook...including the first batch of Jersey sweet corn.

have a lovely day weekendies.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hope you all made it through sat , if you didn't it's a new day today you get to try again .

Sunday morning here , coffee and a bacon sarnie are first on the agenda

m
Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

*hands up* bacon sarnie over here please if one going spare? Morning
Old 06-30-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

MIMMM Bacon sarnie.... Can I have mine really crispy please?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:26 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

here i am! thanks for the support last night. off to the beach for fossil hunting later - its a beautiful day here.

hubby is out agin tonight so i'll be checking in later.