Notices

Totally hooked on sweets and and fizzy drinks now!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
What's the hypoglycemia thing feel like? I worry I may be prone to this.
For me, it's a feeling of extreme irritability, agitation, weakness, slight headache and possibly other symptoms. But mostly I get the "hangry" syndrome... hungry + angry... then when I eat, a small crash. But if I focus on eating whole foods and less junk, less sugar, and no more than 3 cups of coffee per day... I'm good to go.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've found I've been drinking lots more coffee and experimenting with different flavors. Better than the alternative!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh heavens...that sweet thing is pretty universal. I ate an entire can of cake frosting in two days once and then there would be the nights I laid in bed with a pint of Haagen daz ice cream. It leveled off. Now I'm back to normal. Or whatever normal means.

I just tried to pay attention to my feelings at the time. If it felt to me I was replacing alcohol with something with food to change how I felt, I would have seeked out some counseling. If I just was jonesing sugar as my body adapted to the constant wine to sugar conversion it was used to..so be it. I'd adjust. I was the second one. Just adjusting. It sure was fun at the time. I'm back to a treat once in awhile. Now just a piece of fruit will do it.

Great job on 16 days RBY! Find a dietician to talk to if you need to. Nothing wrong with research and gathering some information while you make not drinking top priority. Keep positive!