Notices

Close call this AM .

Old 06-26-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Close call this AM .

Not sure I can do this in isolation I do see the Doc today so can get a referral to a counselor . As well as get my pain under control .. and Now it seems I need some antibiotics for my tooth My jaw is the size of a golf ball *sigh* when will it ever end ..
Old 06-26-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am glad you are going to get some help today. I have problems with my teeth too. That does suck. It sounds like you may have an abscess. I have had two and I do not want a third. They are painful but antibiotics clear it up pretty fast but after it was clear they pulled the tooth.

I found Aleve helped the pain better than any other OTC product I took but you just have to be careful and do not take more then the dosage states.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there in. Pain sucks. Especially for us folks. I can't stand pain but i can't stand life the other way more. If it's that bad and swollen you might wanna try the ER. God knows I'd have already been there!! Just be honest with what's going on with you!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yea pretty sure it is an abscess; So gonna ask Doc for Antibiotics, then in a week go to the dentist. They won't pull it while it is swollen and the infection is active . So least later today I can get a "jump" on it . Can't believe I almost threw 2 weeks away I was so sure of my self .. Have to say though; yesterday is a blur .. It is almost as if I drank .. Not sure if it is the infection or what though .
Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah the waiting for the infection to go down before they can pull it does suck. Been there.

It could be the pain. I know when I had mine that it felt like my brain was going other places so it could avoid the pain. It swirled around other things until the pain brought it back to the forefront. Then it swirled again. I did not really remember where it had gone, just that it was somewhere else. It made it feel like I was blurred.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I guess that could be it. Luckily I am off tonight too; so I have time to let the antibiotics kick in. I am just at a loss right now, w\ everything that is going on in my so called life right now. Not sure I can or even know how to deal w\ it sober. :-(
Old 06-26-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can and you will.

It comes down to acceptance. If you can accept the problems that are going on in your life right now then you can deal with them. Can you change them? If not, then worrying about them won't really change anything, it will just drive you crazy and you will drink.

One if my biggest problems was trying to control everything because I did not trust anyone but me. I had to learn that not only can I not control everything but it not my job to.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, August.

Sorry you don't feel well, but glad to see you posting.

You seem to go through some "dark stripe" of life now, but it's not forever. Been there - don't lose hope.

Hope your doctor will refer you to a good counselor. My counselor saved me more than once out of the darkest black holes in my life. It's hard to do it alone.

Sending positive vibes to you. Take it easy, don't think about two weeks that you "threw away". Though you are probably sick and tired of this advice by far - but still it is what really works and save sanity and wasted energy -focus on NOW. On this second. Focus on your breathing. Past is gone, future is not here yet. Now you are alive, breathing, and sober. You have a day off. Not a bad start to think about.

Take care.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hard not to think about it; but am trying .. I didn't throw away these two weeks though; almost .. Thinking of walking home from the Docs today; but not sure I can handle 7 miles in the heat that is here lol
Old 06-26-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

7 miles? Are you nuts? I think that may be a bit far. Hot here too. 90 degrees yesterday but now we are getting the storms so it slightly cooler but really humid now.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober since October

I know it's hard to live in the present, I am not perfect at it either. It's a matter of practice - I still force myself to do it.

7 miles? It's quite a walk, I should say. And in the heat... A cab, maybe? You deserve to buy some comfort considering you didn't give up to drinking the other day.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well I walk 3 miles a day when I am working; I walk home from work and it is 2.9 miles to the house; so thinking I could do 7 :p But then again it was 92 yesterday and today supposed to be 87+ thunder storms .. So not sure yet .. I would have to walk at a decent pace to beat the storms .. Maybe take a bus half way not sure now .. I just hate the idea of having to get off the bus to fill my prescriptions then pay again to get back on it .. lol
Old 06-26-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Sending well wishes to you , you can do it
Old 06-26-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Oh man, abscessed tooth. I know all about it. Worse pain I've ever felt, before finally getting a root canal to fix it (no dental insurance, about $1200 down the drain) so I understand where you're coming from August. Side note, looks like the root canal may have failed and another whole heap of money have to go down the drain

Like you I was fairly early in my sobriety when this went down, about 6 weeks in I believe, and the pain just about drove me out of my mind, the only thing I used was advil which did jack squat. But I fought through it knowing that drinking would only make things worse. So hang in there knowing that this too shall pass, believe it or not.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well saw my Doc; made it back alive ... Took MB's advice though and did the cab thing .. She said it looks really swollen As are my tonsils too .. But am sober and got my prescriptions for my back as well as anti's so hopefully they kick in before tonight so I can get some rest before work tomorrow night .. Yea root canal is not gonna cut it this tooth has to go I have neglected everything for so long *sigh*
Old 06-26-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Good you made it to the Doc and back.

Shame the tooth has to go, but, you still have some thirty of them. I once lost at tooth when I was 19 because of a doctor's mistake.

And yes, you are still sober, with meds at hand. Don't worry about tomorrow.

Have a good rest.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon. I used to walk to work for a while, like that, as well. People would ask, but why? And what I found was that it made me feel better, and I could, and not having a car saved a fortune. But it's not always ideal, and has its drawbacks.

Good luck here, stay strong.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yea it does make me feel better actually helps my back "cool down" after hustling at work the night before. But also the bus still drops me off a mile from my house; so payin' a dollar fifty for 2 miles seems crazy to me LOL Thanx for the best wishes.

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
Ouch! I hope you feel better soon. I used to walk to work for a while, like that, as well. People would ask, but why? And what I found was that it made me feel better, and I could, and not having a car saved a fortune. But it's not always ideal, and has its drawbacks.

Good luck here, stay strong.