Notices

new guy:lost soul looking for help

Old 06-25-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new guy:lost soul looking for help

I just joined.my name is angel/32 male from mt.vernon ny. Ive been doing heroin for about 14 years...anyways make a long story short.im still useing.im here because i need help.please!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You may have been lost, but now you are found.

Welcome to SR. There is so much support here and many will chime in on suggestions for help with getting sober.

I'm an alcoholic with no experience with heroin so I don't have any words of wisdom specific to your drug of choice. I just hope you will stick around and take in the wise words of wisdom that come your way.

Good luck!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah thanks....im here for the ride
Old 06-25-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Angel

I have no experience with heroin but I know you'll be replied to by people who have.
Have you thought about something like NA at all?

D
Old 06-25-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I go to n/a about once or twice a week..but it does not fit witht with me because im still useing.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family. I hope going to NA meetings will help you decide to quit heroin. Your coming here is an indication that you want to get clean, why not go for it?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Bigange. I'm so glad you reached out. My addiction was alcohol, but I know when I came here I felt so much better just being able to talk about it. No one in my life understood what I was going through.

Happy you want to make this big change in your life - you can turn everything around.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Angel - We also have a Drug Addiction section with a Substance Abuse Forum. You may want to take a look at that too.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello. I have no experience with heroin either. I want to give you my support and let you know that you have come to the right place. Have you tried NA?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by bigange View Post
I just joined.my name is angel/32 male from mt.vernon ny. Ive been doing heroin for about 14 years...anyways make a long story short.im still useing.im here because i need help.please!
Well, what is your first step? You have decided you have had it with that lifestyle and want more from life an yourself. So now what? You have to go after recovery with everything you got. That usually means stepping out of your comfort zone and asking for outside help. Can you detox somewhere medically or even with someone watching over you? That is the first step, then there are options like NA (Narcotics Anonymous) or even in patient treatment. If you have insurance, great, if not, check with county funded programs by doing a simple google search. That is the best start I can suggest, and then work from there........it will get better, and you can do this.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Angel-- beautiful....you are lucky to be alive, sir. You know what you have to do if you really want help...be brutally honest with yourself. Do you want to be clean? Are you ready to open your mind and heart from a new perspective? Are you ready to receive help, or do you push it away when it gets tough? If you are ready, then you have help already....there's a wonderful, courageous man in the mirror looking back at you, if you choose to see him. Get a plan for detox...do you have friend's or family who will support this near you? ^^Nighthawk has given you a good start. Stay strong, you are doing the right thing by thinking clean!! You are doing this!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Angel,
Agree with the others, this is a great site for us. I attend 12 Step Meetings, AA and CA. I stay sober one day at a time. Just wanted to write that addiction recovery is a reality. Positive thoughts being sent to ya! :-D. Bobbi