Notices

black outs...

Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

black outs...

Im getting annoyed that I don't remember 4 to 5 nights out if the week...im embarrassed Ive peed in the bed 4 times I have no recollection of it Ive fallen and bruised myself multiple times and the next morning asking why my knees hurt. how can I not remember just this morning i had clothes missing on my person woke up on the couch not my bed...ohh and i peed in my bed again i remember nothing....any one else pee the bed or wake up some where else ?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Yes, but not since I quit drinking.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've had bruises I didn't remember getting, woken up from a hotel I don't remember going, needing to check out if my car was in a parking lot because didn't remember driving home...Not good.
I hope you take these experiences as motivators and stop drinking. It will only get worse...

Wish you all the best
Old 06-25-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Blackouts are a serious sign of a problem, but then you must know that. I hope you quit drinking before you black out one night and wake up to discovery you've injured someone.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
jkb

Originally Posted by nonsensical View Post
yes, but not since i quit drinking.
+1
Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've blacked out too many times to count...I'm also an alcoholic.

The worst that's ever happened was waking up in my own bed with a hospital bracelet around my wrist. I had no recollection of even an hour past picking up a drink. I had apparently drank a ton of vodka, swallowed 10 xanax...threw up, fell into a sliding glass door, fell twice on my tile kitchen floor, hit my head, had to be taken to the hospital, had such low blood pressure they could barely get an IV in me, had a seizure...and almost DIED right there at the hospital. I put my family through hell. I don't remember a single bit of it. The scariest part...it didn't stop me from drinking again and having blackouts again.

Blackouts are very very dangerous. They are also a sign of alcoholism. I cannot drink safely.

I'm glad you are here posting. I'm sure you will find many others who have experienced the same things.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OMG jstar!! I'm so happy you quit... Thank you for sharing
Old 06-25-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I only blacked out once during my time as an alcoholic. Never peed the bed. Thankfully... guess more of those things probably would have happened if I kept at it.

Had plenty of other unpleasant experiences drinking though.

Apparently the peeing the bed isn't that uncommon. Here's a thread from the family and friends section. (Hopefully you didn't pee the bed with your partner in it!)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...c-partner.html
Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

on a more light-hearted note, i opened the kitchen store cupboard on tuesday and was very confused. apparently i cleared it out at some point last weekend - it's VERY tidy. no recollection at all.

which is of course better than the time last august at a festival when i woke up on the floor of a disabled portaloo at 3am, covered head to toe in mud. i'm lucky i didn't end up with hypothermia.

and i just found a facebook message i sent to a friend just before that festival congratulating him on a year sober and saying i was determined to quit drinking if the festival went badly.

took me another 10 months and numerous blackouts and accidents before i finally quit. my sister took me to see Take That with Robbie (i am a massive robbie williams fan) and there was a free bar. apparently i 'slept' through the whole concert. at wembley. i don't remember a damn thing.

once the blackouts start is where is gets REALLY dangerous. if only i'd taken my own advice all those months ago.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Absolutely terrifying. Thanks for sharing all. Helps keep me motivated to stay sober. I began to experience blackouts on last months of drinking. Thats what spurred me into sobriety.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Blackouts increase over time. Mine did.

They were never anything too heart-stopping or dramatic. Mostly just forgetting entire conversations, forgetting what happened on the last 1/2 of a show/movie, not remembering where I put my wallet or my phone...

But the shame of it all, that did become dramatic and serious to me over time. Just so embarrassing and ugly.

No more.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

yes. I blacked out once. I was in a bar and woke up in my home in bed. My friend had to carry me to the car then to bed, which I did not pee. Yeah
Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Last time I properly binged I blacked out for around 4 hours, woke up with a huge black eye and a cut down my side where I'd obviously gone over. Didn't pee though, so every cloud, although I've definitely done it in the past.

It's horrible. I really hope none of us ever have to go through that again, life has so much more potential happiness when sober
Old 06-25-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Most of my drinking was done at home, but I had many days where my husband would ask me if I remembered saying or doing something the night before, and I would have absolutely no recollection of it. The next morning was always filled with apprehension - what did I do last night?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you ready to do something about your problem, notfixable?

D
Old 06-25-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Pretty obvious you have a serious alcohol problem. I would ask people how they stay sober not if they pee their pants while blacked out
Old 06-25-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

I used to black out all the time. The worst was in 2011.. My boyfriend at the time was moving in, and after we were done, we walked to the bar down the street. I hadn't eaten. The next thing I remember was waking up in bed. I thought it'd be like 7 or 8 pm but it was 4:30 am. I have no idea HOW I got home, what happened once I got home, how I got in bed, ect.. It's horrible.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. I find myself mentally trying to take notes on whzt I need to rememebr. Ihate it
Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I had a gf and I peed the bed one too many times. I should have stopped then but didn't. Blackouts got more frequent over the past four months. I am sober now for 27 days, and I keep remembering how scared I was the morning after waking up with cuts and bruises, having fallen over, and not remembering who, what, where, when. Never again. I hope you get a recovery plan started.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It was impossible for me to drink without blacking out, i cant tell you how many tines ive peed myself or woke up in a pool of my own blood, not to mention the multiple times uve woken up in a hospital or being wojen to a shot of adrenaline straight into my heart. It all comes with a desire to change. Sorry for the typos im on my cell