Notices

black outs...

Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have blacked out more events while drunk than I can remember... Literally. I hate it. Also, now I only need about a sixpack to black out hours... Anyone get this? I'm on day one again today. I'm sick of my life slipping into forgotten blackness.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Blacked out constantly, most nights I was drinking. Events ranged from waking up with the police looking for me to mundane facebook ranting. But I was always filled dread, terror and anxiety the next day. Insanity. So happy those days are behind me and I don't have to live like that anymore.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nomis View Post
Blacked out constantly, most nights I was drinking. Events ranged from waking up with the police looking for me to mundane facebook ranting. But I was always filled dread, terror and anxiety the next day. Insanity. So happy those days are behind me and I don't have to live like that anymore.
Tooootally get this! That god-awful feeling of dread is horrible. I never want it again.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

MAlan,
When I gave up drinking few months back, it was for the usual reasons, sick and tired of the hell of it all etc. I started experiencing blackouts in last months of drinking. They scared the hell outta me, and thats what motivated me to become sober.

Reading the posts about peoples experience of black outs, scares the hell outta me. Where my motive few months back was to end the hell life of drinking. I'm now actually scared to drink (blackouts).

Having read, my drinking may have caused damage to certain part of brain which causes blackouts, I know now I just cannot drink.

I've joined AA and Lifering classes, and am on list for addict counselling, as I know I cannot do this alone. I need to get to the reasons why I drink, triggers etc. I hope you get help as blacking out on a 6 pack is very serious and frightening. Wish you all the best. Do you have or have you considered making a plan for recovery?
Old 06-26-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Blacking out is so dangerous. A clear sign that one has had enough. I have permanently damaged my knees and my back from falling from too much drinking.
I have been absent for so much of my life because of black out drinking. I will never never get those days back.
I am so happy that I don't have to go through that anymore. Thank you sobriety!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Blackouts are a serious sign of a problem, but then you must know that. I hope you quit drinking before you black out one night and wake up to discovery you've injured someone.
Or never wake up again