Notices

Day 3 and doing well

Old 06-25-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and doing well

First I have to say how incredibly grateful I am to have found this place, and all of your stories. The stories of ongoing sobriety are as meaningful and influential as the stories of relapse. There is so much love and motivation here, and opportunity and recognition for redemption.

After Sunday (day 1) when I decided enough was enough with my 18 month path of daily self destruction, I got some good advice here. I was scared if I would have bad wd (and I have history of panic disorder), so Monday (day 2) first thing in the morning I did what was suggested here at SR and went to see my general practitioner. I live in a foreign speaking country, but her English is strong enough to understand me. Embarrassed and ashamed I wept and said I have a drinking problem, a dependency or addiction, and that I must stop, and what did she recommend. So I got some good help from her, a lot of kind care, and something to help with the anxiety. I am in transition to another country in the next month, she said now may be a bad time to quit, and I just looked at her and said "I cannot put this off any longer. I am so looking forward to putting this behind me and living a more meaningful life". I told her, and I tell all of you, once my move to the next country is complete I will find the professional support I need. I have a break between the move to see my family, and they are full of nothing but love and support for me. So I also have that to be grateful for.

The last few days with my children have been just so much more vibrant and real and meaningful, even in how generally mundane the days and our routines are. It's just so much nicer to be a mummy without a hangover. And not stressing when I can finish my next glass of wine, during story hour, while cooking dinner, etc etc.

I have had a persistent weird headache/tightness for a couple of days, and today had the strange sensation of sort of walking on air, but it beats the hangover by a longshot.

Thank you all so much for being here. It really helps to come in and hear what you all have to say, and just the absolute honesty that laid bare.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Isn't life so much better, so much more "real" when you are clear thinking and free of alcohol!?

I just started week 2and have no regrets, you're right too that this is a great place to come to share with people that truly know what you are going through.

good luck! stay strong! enjoy life!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Congrats on 3 days!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats and keep pushing make it day 4 - 5 and so on!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 days hbird

D
Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Hbird, Day 3 and doing well? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.