Notices

having a hard time walking away

Old 06-24-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

having a hard time walking away

I know leaving this relationship is the best thing to do but I cannot help feeling guilty, like I am abandoning him. I do not want to leave but I cannot continue to watch him hurt himself. I pray, pray, pray, he decides to find peace and get help. I am afraid that me leaving will not be enough. I'm afraid of what his rock bottom will consist of. I would love to support him through this struggle but I have yet to see him try his best to get the support/help he needs. I cannot continue to feel unwanted & rejected. Lately he has been finding things to do so that he can be away from me & drink. That hurts. Thanks for allowing me post my feeling.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

You leaving might not be enough to get him to stop, but it's enough for you to start healing.

He's already abandoned you emotionally, you're not abandoning him. You're doing the right thing. Stay strong and walk away.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you stick with him through all his mistakes, and him leaving you feeling unwanted and rejected, then you're just supporting his terrible choices.

Move on, its not your time to be with him and its not his time to be with anyone.

If he gets better, awesome, maybe you can pursue a relationship then. If he doesn't, than at least you didn't waste your life helping him destroy his.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for your response. I plan to just take it one day at a time starting tomorrow. I am going to attend an alanon meeting before the end of the week. I need to be around more ppl who understand & who will help me remember that no matter what I WILL BE OKAY. Thanks again. I will keep this thread posted. I pray for your support.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hard time sleeping tonight...
Old 06-25-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As said in AA it's rough but no one died from lack of sleep, ask my wife. BE WELL
Old 06-25-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! Leaving him may be the best thing for you. You cannot 'fix' him, he has to want it for himself. Do what you can to find peace in your life.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. This helps more than any of you know. & yes, I will have to remember that no one ever died from lack of sleep...lol... I shall keep you all posted on my circumstances....can't wait to get to my first meeting...
Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've had a good, focused day.