Notices

2012 came and gone...and here I am...still

Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2012 came and gone...and here I am...still

I was a very active member of the "class of September" (not under this user name...don't even remember what it was). Look at this user name...wasn't loving myself in 2012 and still not in July (almost) 2013.

Every day I say it's the last bottle...and every day I spend money I don't have. Every day I sweat and fear the damage I am doing to my beautiful body.

This is the hardest habit to break. I want to be free.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you can do this, Love! Don't buy a bottle tomorrow. Save that money and save yourself. You posted here, which means you are motivated.

My join date certainly doesn't convey my sobriety date, either. I only have 4 months again now. but we can all do this if we just don't pick up today. Don't pick up today. and tomorrow, when you wake up, don't drink that today either :-)

there is a cool new thread, the 24 hour club. they would LOVE to see you just pledge for 24 hours at a time. it's helping me immensely!

good luck, you can do this!!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much.

I hope it's not too late for me...I'm scared.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah you can do it!
It takes more than one kick at the bucket for a lot of folks...at least I hope as I am at my
Second "kick"
Keep in there and take it a day at a time.
Celebrate the small wins. They add up to big ones eventually
Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Lovemyself2012 View Post
I was a very active member of the "class of September" (not under this user name...don't even remember what it was). Look at this user name...wasn't loving myself in 2012 and still not in July (almost) 2013.

Every day I say it's the last bottle...and every day I spend money I don't have. Every day I sweat and fear the damage I am doing to my beautiful body.

This is the hardest habit to break. I want to be free.
Maybe you need to change up your sobriety strategy or plan, because it doesnt appear the one you have been doing is too effective. Maybe get some outside help or whatever it takes to get you free of this horrible addiction. You can change, it is possible.............for anyone. All you have to do is want it bad enough that nothing will stop you.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nighthawk8820 View Post
Maybe you need to change up your sobriety strategy or plan, because it doesnt appear the one you have been doing is too effective. Maybe get some outside help or whatever it takes to get you free of this horrible addiction. You can change, it is possible.............for anyone. All you have to do is want it bad enough that nothing will stop you.
Ive obviously had no plan. I just need strength...something that is somehow remiss these days despite that being one of my best qualities.

And yes I know...the problems with this are clear...no plan, relying on strength.

I know all the things people are going to say...I just need to figure it out I suppose.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back

The important thing is it's never too late. Find a plan - be it SR, or AA, or some other recovery group, or seeing your Dr or a counsellor or inpatient or outpatient rehab...or something else...a combination....whatever it takes.

You can get out of the cycle...but it will take commitment and effort. You'll find a lot of support here tho

D
Old 06-24-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Good to see you back

The important thing is it's never too late. Find a plan - be it SR, or AA, or some other recovery group, or seeing your Dr or a counsellor or inpatient or outpatient rehab...or something else...a combination....whatever it takes.

You can get out of the cycle...but it will take commitment and effort. You'll find a lot of support here tho

D

Thanks Dee. I read all the time and you always inspire.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lovemyself2012 View Post
Ive obviously had no plan. I just need strength...something that is somehow remiss these days despite that being one of my best qualities.

And yes I know...the problems with this are clear...no plan, relying on strength.

I know all the things people are going to say...I just need to figure it out I suppose.
You sound so sad. I feel for you. I've been there as well, only a month ago really.

Have you checked out AVRT/Rational Recovery? It's the one thing that finally worked for me.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

I could only find a way forward when i accepted my weakness, gave up fighting and committed to taking whatever came. After the first few days there were clear glimmers of hope.

I am now two years on after battling with trying to quit for years.

Have another go and keep on posting.