Notices

Bad Behaviors

Old 06-24-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad Behaviors

Has anyone struggled with criminal behaviors while not using i have a year clean next month but i still struggle with tryin to make a fast dollarí
Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you sober up a drunken horse thief you still have a horse thief.

The 12 Steps of AA/NA address my defects & shortcomings along with keeping me sober.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-24-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by rahrah2013 View Post
Has anyone struggled with criminal behaviors while not using i have a year clean next month but i still struggle with tryin to make a fast dollarí
No, I did some stupid things when using, but part of my recovery has been boosting my morale and connecting with my higher power. There is no room for that for criminal activity. I try and be as good of a person as I can be, because it feels good in my soul.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us can get addicted to risk and drama, as well as the promise of an easy life with few responsibilities.

But I think there way more to life than that - I've learned a lot being Joe Normal these past 6 years, having to work for things, and not always chasing the next buzz.

I'm too old for drama anyway

Do you feel ready to settle down too rahrah2013?

D
Old 06-25-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Negative for me. I never really engaged in criminal behaviors except for smoking pot (a long, long time ago) and using cocaine. But cocaine isn't an issue for me except for when I'm drinking.

I've always been employed or self-employed, even during my drinking life, and I've always enjoyed a decent income, so I've not needed to resort to illegitimate ways to support myself.

From you post it sounds like you're involved in some minor criminal behavior. If that's the case, be careful--minor criminal behavior usually becomes major criminal behavior. And I'm sure you're well aware of where that career path leads: either prison or death.

I'd suggest building a plan to get out of the life as soon as possible. Having a regular job probably won't be as exciting, but you will experience a different sense of well-being from doing honest work and supporting yourself.

Do you have an extensive record? Is that a reason why you may have trouble going legit? Or do you just like the excitement and/or the money of living the life?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Also, for what it's worth, I've known a few people who earn their living through ways that are "less than legitimate", and while some make decent money, they work just as hard (if not harder) and experience just as much stress as those who work legitimate jobs. Some are quite smart, and I could never figure out why they just don't get a square job and drop all the worry about arrest and prison. It's probably as Dee stated above, they get addicted to the drama and risk.