Notices

day 1 and thought would join! :)

Old 06-24-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 1 and thought would join! :)

Okays, Honestly.. well theirs the hard bit!!

Erm been drinking for 3 years heavy and gradually getting worse. No long getting hangovers just an all over shakey feeling in my head like pressure, I think this is what you guys call brain fog.

Well, as been spending far to much and no that my drinking is out of control where my body has been craving it for far to long and I've given in decided to give it a go!
I know I can go 3 days without drink... that's still difficult after that amount of time its all new area!!

Not sure what else to write.
Wish me luck.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Renshaw

Have you thought about talking with your doctor about quitting? They may be able to help or point you in the direction of some local support.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome to SR! Glad you are here. You will find much support here.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Welcome to SR Renshaw

Have you thought about talking with your doctor about quitting? They may be able to help or point you in the direction of some local support.
I've thought of this, but first I think I'd give it a go on my own see where Its gets me

Just be loggin' thoughts and feels here in this thread! Might not be best way to go.. but i like to feel i can do it myself, I am in control.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Okay but if you feel unwell go to A&E yeah? Glad you're here x
Old 06-24-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will do thanks for you concern. By my last response I meant the mental part and cravings. If I feel physical ill I head to a&e
Old 06-24-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! Glad you joined us.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Relasped already!!
just been told by girlfriend of 4 years its over its all he4 etc.. im nicest guy and so forth..

Issue is we have our own house and both dont have money to just leave..

But wont bore you with that relapse was about a 50ml of whisky I had.. didnt go shop and get more!! So thats good

Alochol not reason we broke up btw.. generally I drank when she worked nights
Old 06-24-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's bad timing. I know it is extremely tough dealing with these situations early on, but they can also present opportunities for a new start. I hope you're okay x
Old 06-25-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
That's bad timing. I know it is extremely tough dealing with these situations early on, but they can also present opportunities for a new start. I hope you're okay x
Loved the way you put that. Thank you.

Will see what halpens and will not use it as excuse tk drink
Old 06-25-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Feeling awful today, not connected to not drinking!!
Never been in situation where girl friend wnated to end it when we had a house together? Its both our home and we don't have anywhere else to go.. what she thinking!

Luckly, im doing well... I'm guessing last night the small drink of 50ml, what is pretty much what government say it safe per day is a good sign in serious as normally I'd of drunk the bottle or more!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hang in there renshaw ,,,and welcome to sr,,we are a nice bunch xx
keep on keeping on ,,hugs n lurvve xxx cleo xxx
Old 06-25-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sorry your having a tough time, problems and difficulties will always arise but drinking will do nothing but make the situation and how you feel much worse. As someone said, this could be a great opportunity to start a fresh and get yourself sober and sorted out. Maybe a good start would to be if you feel that you might drink because of a certain issue, come on here and post about it and think it through first?. Peoples support and advice can really make the difference in a person choosing to pick up a drink or not.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day i'm worried about many is Friday, thats pay day and thats always been a day to drink, So trying to think of things to do all day as off work that day also...

Today's plans are as off work, Gym soon then going to meet Granddad for suit fitting for my mother wedding (So their are still positive out their)

I've got a massive amount of knowledge on fitness, nutrition and bodybuilding I can advice anyone think I should start to listen to myself and put it in to practise!
I was thinking 8 meals a day would at least give me something to focus on whats happening next?! Rather then what Am i going to be doing latter.. oh' get wasted.

Obviously just shooting ideas in the dark
Old 06-25-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Having a plan is a really good idea, you say Friday is pay day and a day to drink you need to try and alter your mind set and associate Friday with doing other activities. If you are really into health and fitness why not throw yourself into that more? I know when i was in the first few weeks of sobriety eating really well and getting physically fit again was a great distraction and motivator for me and the more i got into that the less i wanted to ruin my good work with drinking it definitely helped my recovery.

Keep yourself as busy as possible on Friday, many people struggle with the weekend it can be tough, post on here alot if you need to and avoid the usual places you may go to and avoid any possible triggers, association is a very powerful thing dont put yourself in situations where you might pick up a drink. I found that having a routine for each day and set times that i did stuff at i.e. get up go for a walk, have breakfast, go on this website, go for another walk, eat lunch and so on really helped me, it may sound abit tedious but dead time in the day can lead to negative things.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ren - you don't have to know all the answers now to your problems.

Things might make sense if you give the dust a little time to settle.

I remember a feeling of absolute panic, shock and distress when my partner left me. I had a 3 month old baby. I remember panicking and being pushed to get our house on the market etc etc.

Someone said to me, just wait.
You don't have to act on this straight away. Get your head straight first and look after yourself.

I love Dee's quote on this ; 'everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, its not the end'.

Every bad situation I have been in, when I look back, has always eventually turned out okay.

My best to you
xx
Old 06-25-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for support!!
Didn't expect to find support in this area when signed up although, also didn't expect that news yesterday ether!!

Maybe not living here is a god send in some respect if I look at more positive notes I live 5 mins walk to midnight off-licence and 15 minutes walk from 24HR Supermarket! (I pass this on the way home from work)

So guessing in changing behaviour I'll need to walk a different way home, maybe go gym after work and walk back that way...

As you said I cannot have all the answers but i'm naturally dynamic and shoot idea's out, doesn't mean I'd follow every one of them, their just ideas.

Thanks allot guys once again
Old 06-29-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

No going well at all.. with all stress and new household is very alcohol friendly!!

But thats it with excuses, going to start again. Hopefully I will not have to say them words again!! EVER.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Its progress Ren, not perfection.
If it were that easy, none of us would be here and there would not be a need for this forum.

Chin up
xx
Old 06-29-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Renshaw.

It's hard to deal with stress in early sobriety, but I'll second what Hypochondriac has said earlier - look at it as a chance to make a new start. The crises never comes without a new opportunity.

Take one day at a time, don't overwhelm yourself with questions about the future issues. Take care of the present, make your sobriety the major priority, and it will be better soon.

Making plans to keep your busy also helps. Think about the situation that triggers you and get a back-up plan ready.

Take care and keep posting.