Notices

So Anxious!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy So Anxious!

Well I have been sober for 55 days now, and feel pretty good. I am thrilled with my new sober life. I am losing weight, and just feel all around healthier.

I do have issues with anxiety, I would consider myself a bit of a hypochondriac. I have worried over the past year or so about my health and what my drinking may have done to it. Well, I finally went to the doctor on Friday and told them about my drinking and that I had quit almost 2 months ago. Their initial examination was fine, but of course they are running a CBC to check and make sure liver, kidneys etc. are all working fine.

I am so afraid of what they are going to say...I should find out tomorrow, but really nervous right now:-(
Old 06-24-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You'll be fine ...
Old 06-24-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marcher

Dolly,
You did a good thing going to the doc to get checked out. I understand the anxiety. I had a lot of it in early recovery. I'm still in early recovery actually, but around the 70-80 days mark, the anxiety lessened. I have little panics now, usually when I do something sober for the first time, or when I'll be away from home for a while. But I manage through it just fine now. You'll feel better after you hear back from doctor. Whatever the results, you are repairing your body and mind now, so you will continue to heal! That's a good thing to remember!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Joy and Dib...

I like to think I am stopping early enough that I will be able to repair any damage I may have done.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you for going to the Dr. I remember how scared I was. After I went I felt so much better. All that fear for nothing.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tell the Doctor about your anxiety. You might need something for that and you may have been self medicating with the booze. I have an Anxiety Disorder, and I tend to drink it away, unfortunately it comes back with a vengeance, I'm on anti anxiety meds, but they don't work so well if you're drinking with them.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sure you'll be fine. When are you getting the results back? I'm a bit of a hypochondriac myself and have anxiety too. What I can tell you is that drinking makes my anxiety so much worse. Don't worry about what you did before. You change that any way. But you are choosing to live a much healthier life from here on out and that's what matters. For my anxiety I find that therapy, getting exercise, and taking a little time for myself help alleviate it. Good luck!